Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis - Australian Open

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Crumbs wrote: »
    Some good picks in this thread Paulizei, well done!
    Thanks, I'm going for Sharapova to win the title. She just slaughtered Henin in a fantastic game. The way she's been playing, I can't see any of the others left in it doing anything against her.

Sharapova to beat Jankovic 2-0 is 8/11 on boylesports. It looks like a bargain imo, and I expect it to drop. Jankovic has various injuries and beat Serena Williams who was suffering from a bloody big blister on her foot. Sharapova has just been awesome.

Radwanska seems to be the slight favourite in the game with Hantuchova but I've backed the good looking slovak lady already and it's too late to do anything about it.

I've gone for Sharapova @ 8/11 to win outright. Not great value but there's no one to stop her now imo.

Tsonga was great today, the eurosport commentators wre talking him up as a potential winner of the tournament. I'm undecided so far.

paulizei wrote: »
    Radwanska seems to be the slight favourite in the game with Hantuchova but I've backed the good looking slovak lady already and it's too late to do anything about it.
    I needn't have worried, Hantuchova mashed her good and proper, no problem at all.

Unless he falls ill, I expect Federer to beat Blake 3-0 and have gone for Under 34.5 games @ 4/5 on boylesports. Blake has lost all 7 previous meetings and has only won 1 set.

--
    35 games. :( He threw away a service game in the last set ffs. He's playing below par and I fancy Djokovic's chances to at least cover the handicap.

Ok so, Sharapova battered Jankovic as expected, big win for me there. Jankovic should have retired as she is quite badly injured but she kept going bless her.

Hantuchova was kicking Ivanovic all over the court but made too many mistakes and was the victim of a weird decision by the ref at a key moment. Ivanovic is good when on form but she's been very shoddy and should get thoroughly mashed by Sharapova who has been ruthless apart from too many double faults. I'm happier to see Ivanovic in the final as Hantuchova was playing some great stuff and could have been a threat. I already backed Sharapova for the title @ 8/11 so in addition I'm going to go for either the handicap or under 21.5 games. I will probably do a small insurance bet on Ivanovic but I doubt that she'll win more than 4 games.

Tsonga played a stormer against Nadal which I guess most have heard about. Incredible stuff really. Federer hasn't been as flawless as usual so Djokovic has a good chance to beat him, but I might prefer the overs market there. I can see it going to 5 sets. I'd like to see a Tsonga v Federer final though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My man for the tournament Djokovic is still going strong.

And still going strong...... :D

Ivanovic played better than I thought she would but it was still a good win for Sharapova and me.

Advertisement