Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a stove

Options
  • 15-01-2008 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hope somebody can help, planning to install a mutli-fuel stove as a room heater (no back boiler) but we have a timber frame house. Trying to minimise the distance the stove has to sit out from the wall - guidelines are minimum 15" from combustable material. If we build a brick backing does that allow us to reduce the distance the stove has to be out from the wall? What about the flue pipe - it will be going vertical up through celing what seperation does it need from the stud wall.

Seems also there are loads of suppliers but few installers - any recommendations for North East.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,156 ✭✭✭✭muffler

towbar wrote: »
    Hope somebody can help, planning to install a mutli-fuel stove as a room heater (no back boiler) but we have a timber frame house. Trying to minimise the distance the stove has to sit out from the wall - guidelines are minimum 15" from combustable material. If we build a brick backing does that allow us to reduce the distance the stove has to be out from the wall? What about the flue pipe - it will be going vertical up through celing what seperation does it need from the stud wall.

Seems also there are loads of suppliers but few installers - any recommendations for North East.
    I think you may get more replies in the DIY forum so I will move it over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

ied give bohills in termonfeckon a shout. i bought my stove and fitings from them and they seem to be on the ball.

Advertisement