Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming / Tech Podcast recommendations?

Options
  • 15-01-2008 12:55am
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Currently have:

Custom PC
    Maximum PC
    Engadget / HD
    Game Theory
    PC Gamer Podcast / Video Podcast / UK version

Anymore I should have? Most of the above are not very regular so I go from inundated with podcasts to no podcasts for ages :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

You should definitely check out the "1Up Yours" podcast (gaming). Great for gaming news and straight up opinions. I can see how it could potentially irritate people (Shane Bettenhausen - I think he's very good, but he does have fairly strong views on things). Also, check out the video podcast "The 1Up Show"; they always have a good bit of game footage and some nice interviews.

As far as Tech podcasts in general, a few I listen to / watch are:

Buzz Out Loud
    TWIT
    Cranky Geeks
    Diggnation
    DL.TV

And If you want to really get geeky ;):

Security Now!
    ExtremeTech
    This Week In Media (more media / camera / videography related)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

+1 for 1up yours. Also worth checking out the GFW podcast for PC games related banter.

Pretty nerdy though. [Link]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Fnz wrote: »
    +1 for 1up yours. Also worth checking out the GFW podcast for PC games. [Link]

Cheers Fnz, I'd meant to subscribe to GFW for a while and kept forgetting. OP, you'll find that this sorta thing happens a lot: You hear about other podcasts from existing ones you listen to. Either the hosts mention them or else they have special guests on here and there, so keep an ear out!

Folex wrote: »
    Cheers Fnz, I'd meant to subscribe to GFW for a while and kept forgetting.

No prob. It's a shame John isn't on the 1UP Yours podcast as often nowadays - 'voice of reason' that he is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

No prob. It's a shame John isn't on the 1UP Yours podcast as often nowadays - 'voice of reason' that he is. ;)

he's too busy telling kids what to buy. or parents, moreso :)

anyway, another +1 for the 1up yours show, and diggnation. those two combined is more information and entertainment then a week of normal broadcast radio in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yeah another +1 from me on 1up yours.

Also try out some of the podcasts on www.Allgames.com.
    Not as flash as the 1up stuff but some of the shows are ok.

Buzz out loud and Crave podcasts for general tech info\updates.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Thanks lads :)

I used to like Twit but since the iphone came out its been noting but ****e :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Same with Luke, i miss Luke.

Nth'ing the 1up Podcast as well as the GFW one and (sometimes) the Retronauts one.

The EGM one, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Been meaning to start a thread about this for a while. I listen to the Hotspot and 1up yours. 1up yours annoys me though, as they just seem to constantly bicker and try to shout louder than one another to be heard. That Garnett is a bit of an asshole too. They're both good podcasts in general, but I prefer the Hotspot. But then for video podcasts, the 1up Show is much better than Gamespot's On The Spot.

In the past I've also listened to the gamesindustry.biz podcast (godawful) and the EGM podcast (not bad, but too much like 1up yours). I've been looking for some others to listen to, I'll have to check out some of the ones in this thread.

Listened to a couple of the Hotspot podcasts... it wasn't bad but it didn't really grab me. I'd be interested to hear what they have to say on The Gerstgate incident but I imagine that would be a taboo subject they couldn't talk about.
    Rhyme wrote: »
    The EGM one, not so much.

Yeah, headed over to the site an hour ago, knowing there was a new podcast, but couldn't bring myself to download it. I had been following their podcast for quite a while but it really is, at best, only barely worth listening to.

I guess they want to differentiate themselves from the 1UP Yours podcast by having a uniquely dull format that's all their own... but it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

One Life Left is good for silly fun.

Advertisement