Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polaski

Options
  • 15-01-2008 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Just saw the 2 picards episode and remembered how Polaski could be the most annoying character ever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Two words: Wesley Crusher.

(I think it's "Pulaski" too)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

They where both pretty bad, id start a poll but i think Wesley would win for most hated, but for those who hate him at one stage i think he ended up homeless travleing around america living on trains...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I've nothing against the actor, but the Wesley character always made my hackles stand up.

I should also have added Beverly Crusher, and if we extended it to regular guests, throw in Lwaxana(sp?) Troi and Alexander Roshenko. Guinan got a bit grating at times, too.

Favourite characters (of the semi-regular guests): Q. Hands down, followed by Ro Laren.

(I'm sticking to TNG only here)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Yakuza wrote: »
    Favourite characters (of the semi-regular guests): Q. Hands down, followed by Ro Laren.

yes! and also IMHO Suzie Plakson as K'Ehleyr (sp?)
    theemissary099.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Thanks for the spelling, god she even has to have an annoying spelling for her name. While Wesley was annoying imo he wasn't in the same league as her. He was more of a sad guileless dork who invited pity. She was so stupid in refusing to regard Data as anything more than a machine. And trying to relieve the captain of duty! what was the necessity of that? pure power tripping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

"One is my name. The other is not."

That that Pulaski!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

User45701 wrote: »
    for those who hate him at one stage i think he ended up homeless travleing around america living on trains...
    Heh, no I don't think so. Unless he managed to bounce back in quite a big way. He's a fairly well known geek, blogger and author these days. Writes for a few blogs, including his his own one. Also writes reviews of Next Generation episodes for some site.

And he fully admits that Wesley was a dreadful character.

Didn't mind Pulaski myself. Not including Wesley, Beverly Crusher was always my least favourite character anyway.. so I enjoyed the change. I think there was a thread about this not so long ago actually.

(and jebus.. I think this forum is accounting for about 90% of my Boards.ie posts these days. I r such the nerd :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

What about chief O'Brien. I only liked him in the Phoenix episode but apart from that I disliked him. Maybe I am unpatriotic as he is our only boy there. He was good in DS9 for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Watched all of TNG again recently and Crusher wasn't as annoying as I remembered him.

Never liked Pulaski though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

What about chief O'Brien. I only liked him in the Phoenix episode but apart from that I disliked him. Maybe I am unpatriotic as he is our only boy there. He was good in DS9 for the most part.

I thought he was pretty good. Certainly one of the best actors in TNG/DS9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye He was a good charactor, i liked it. He played his mirror univerce coutnerpart well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

O'Brien didnt make enough of an impact in TNG for me to like/dislike him too much, I just liked having an irish guy on board, in charge of pressing that transport button no les ;)

His character was developed really well is DS9, i loved him and Bashir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

In the process of watching TNG again. Up to season 4 now. Just saw the Pheonix episode last night, and yeah O'Brien was good in it.

Wesley isn't as annoying as I remember. Pulaski was very annoying but only for one season thank God (and I think wesley is gone to Starfleet accademy now)

The Good Klingon/Worf episodes are coming up I think so looking forward to those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

She's less annoying than Beverly Crusher. Pulaski secretly thought all the crew of TNG (except Picard) were twats (I agree btw) and it's subtly oozed out of her character. I enjoyed that.

Plus Diana Muldaur was good looking in those two TOS episodes she appeared in. Admittedly wen't downhill by TNG.

Advertisement