Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living with the opposite sex for 1st time

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Apparently going to the toilet, for men, is like an epic battle, which they are happy to openly discuss. Have not come across the laptop in there though. There are a few copies of pc building mags and that in there.

And as for the comment about the washing up not being finished till dishes are put away, i tend to disagree. The washing up portion of the dishes is finshed but the dishes are not done.... if you get me...

I hate washing up cutlery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

I didnt think girls actually farted till I spent a lot of time with my last gf :p thats not considered gender bashing is it!

Haha wait til you find out that we actually poop ice cream! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Rhiannon14 wrote: »
    Haha wait til you find out that we actually poop ice cream! ;)

Wow! That makes that two girls one cup video a lot easier to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

gcgirl wrote: »
    Endasaurus wrote: »
    I had no idea periods lasted a WEEK :eek: :eek:

yeh and we still live!!!!

Never trust something that bleeds for a week and doesn't die ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

cornbb wrote: »
    It would be a bit pointless! The drips don't adhere much to the outside of the peehole, wiping wouldn't get rid of the drops just inside so a little shake is necessary.

LOL at this thread btw :D

But...doesn't the shake transfer some to the outside?

Why don't men shake and then wipe/dab/whatever? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Count how many wiping material options are available at the urinal wall. Zero.
    That said, I dab after a shake when at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Tzetze wrote: »

That's why I just take mine over to the hand dryer when I'm finished going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

ztoical wrote: »
    ok I don't know anything about any of that stuff [seriously what is a bobble?]

It's a bobbin or a bobble.
    It comes from Victorian times when women adorned their hair with trinkets.

Also alice band comes from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, Alice was frequently drawn with a hair band, known as an Alice Band.

What I didn't know about men before living with one..

1)They take their habits from their mothers.
    With the exception of getting up in the middle of the night on a well jarred evening and pissing in the fresh laundry basket mistaking it for a urinal.

Deep sleep random location pissing. DSRLP, similar to REM.

2)They wash a lot. A hell of a lot more than you expect.

3)They get piles from sitting on the toilet too long.

4)They hoard reading material. Any reading material even if its a flyer from random passerbyers.

5)They sleep more than babies.

6)They can't actually fix things.

Other than that nothing much was a surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭langerdan79

another thing i found out recently was what a smear test involved, too much detail!!
    periods, smear tests, childbirth....i thank God i'm a man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

cuckoo wrote: »
    But...doesn't the shake transfer some to the outside?

Why don't men shake and then wipe/dab/whatever? :confused:

Shaking is surprisingly effective. Plus we don't have to deal with the myriad of vaginal discharge fluids ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Hmmmm both my exs wiped when at home, I'm assuming they didn't at urinals though.

Cornbb, if a woman has a myriad of discharges she might need to see a doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

I've never lived with an SO, but I'm living with 3 male friends at the moment, 1 of whom I share a bathroom with. We tend to keep the stuff we use most frequently on the end of the bath.

My list: 1 shower gel
    1 bottle of shampoo
    1 bottle of conditioner
    Face scrub
    Razor
    1 rubber duckie with a doobie, shades and rasta hat
    1 shower puff

His list: 2 shower gels
    3 or 4 cans of shave gel (these all over the bathroom)
    3 or 4 shampoos
    4 bottles of conditioner, most empty
    Razor
    Funny looking soap.
    2 shower puffs and a sponge

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

my girlfriend and myself are travelling around the world and this is the first time we have lived with a member of the opposite sex in such close proximity. so i've been finding stuff out about girls which i never knew before (should mention that i only have brother and she only has sisters) like what a pumice stone is

I couldn't believe about the stone, my gf hurt me with that damn thing dammit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

I hate this being able to fix things MYTH. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Tzetze wrote: »
    That said, I dab after a shake when at home.

Yeah but when you shake it where do all the drops go????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Yeah but when you shake it where do all the drops go????

ahhhh so that's how all the pee splatter marks are on the underside of the toilet seat... and on the floor..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Wow! That makes that two girls one cup video a lot easier to take.
    haha, that musta been choc ice cream then :D I cant wait to meet you next time there is a boards shindig on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

ahhhh so that's how all the pee splatter marks are on the underside of the toilet seat... and on the floor..

After living with girls for 2 years I had completely forgotten about this bathroom joy, ick ick ick!!! Why lord why?!!!!

bug wrote: »

How do guys sleep this much? My boyfriend can fall asleep in 0.5 seconds, quite infuriating for a pseudo-insomniac.

Also I never realised the epidemic that is Man-Flu

I'm gona die!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

bug wrote: »

I agree with bug and pyjamarama on this one. My bf can fall asleep as soon as the light is turned out, no matter how early it is while I lie there awake worrying about things!

• Advertisement

watna wrote: »
    I agree with bug and pyjamarama on this one. My bf can fall asleep as soon as the light is turned out, no matter how early it is while I lie there awake worrying about things!

All I ever get when I moan I can't get to sleep is 'close your eyes and stop thinking about stuff'. It's not that simple!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Endasaurus wrote: »
    I had no idea periods lasted a WEEK :eek: :eek:

ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

number 2's are such a big deal for men cause they all have awful diets and constant mild constipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Seraphina wrote: »
    number 2's are such a big deal for men cause they all have awful diets and constant mild constipation.

Acually I find my time in the jaxx is more of an excuse to sit on my ass for as long as I like reading a good book or just zoning. Its a mans ME time.
    I also take personal pride in the amount of toilets I've blocked. The running total is somewhere in the region of 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Seraphina wrote: »

Perhaps that's it as as a male I certainly don't feel any compulsion to sit there reading (can't be hygenic if nothing else!!!), I go in, get done and clean, wash hands and get out. Why you'd want to sit in a bathroom to read when there are plenty of more comfy places to do so is beyond me.

Have to kind of suspect that the reading material in question may just be a camoflage for other "reading material".:rolleyes:

I do tend to patt-dry the end with tissue after peeing.

I don't sleep that much, maybe 6-7 hrs weekdays, up to 9 on weekends.

I can fix things, it obviously depends on what the thing is though as some stuff I wouldn't know enough about. So fixing things depends on the male.

And I've never contracted this man flu thing, but then I rarely get sick.

Not sure what misconceptions about girls I have as I've sisters (speaking of which I put my clothes in a laundry basket when done with them, they toss them on the floor, so that one again is an unfair generalisation based upon one person!) so I think that filled in some of the major blanks & incorrect data.

Maybe that hormones only made women dangerously (for guys) moody for part of the cycle.

Advertisement