Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text messages to the UK.

• 15-01-2008 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Ok you enlightend lot of AH can any one help.
    i want a site that will give me free texts to the uk.
    (mods i didnt know where to post this so i hope here will do)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From what network to what network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ok you enlightend lot of AH can any one help.
    i want a site that will give me free texts to the uk.
    (mods i didnt know where to post this so i hope here will do)
    I don't know one, but I will suggest that you do not google "free text messages to the UK" or something similar, unless you want your pc riddled with spyware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Maybe I'm missing something but can you not just use your free webtexts off your own network?

I could send mine to America and other places without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

From 087 to ehh i think she is 3mobile???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

:o Ah sorry, nevermind, I just realised I was texting 02/Meteor/Vodafone people while they were abroad.

• Advertisement

Here's what to do:
    You register for free on vodafone.ie (300 free texts/ month).
    She registers on her network free texts site.

You put your own number in your own online address book and give HER your login details. When she wants to text you she logs in to vodafone.ie and send a free texts to your phone, from your own website.

And the other way around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

biko wrote: »
    Here's what to do:
    You register for free on vodafone.ie (300 free texts/ month).
    She registers on her network free texts site.

You put your own number in your own online address book and give HER your login details. When she wants to text you she logs in to vodafone.ie and send a free texts to your phone, from your own website.

And the other way around...

But then each will know who's phoning who!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

gcgirl wrote: »
    But then each will know who's phoning who!!

or texting even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

only o2's webtexts can be sent to foreign numbers. If you're texting an irish number that's abroad disregard this post because it doesn't cost you any more to text that person

if you get aft, you can send webtexts from your phone for about 2c. You can get it here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984709

you fill in your phone number and password for the network site and it logs in to the site automatically and sends it. If you don't have an o2 number, you could buy a sim card for a tenner just for the webtexts and tell the person you're texting to text back your normal number

and if you're at a pc you can use the program that's linked to in my signature to make the process of sending a webtext a lot handier

@biko, i'm confused as to why they should use each other's accounts. why can't they use their own accounts if they're both irish numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Just dump her! It's not worth the hassle.

;)

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote: »
    or texting even?

get back to work :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Thread moved from AH.

@biko, i'm confused as to why they should use each other's accounts. why can't they use their own accounts if they're both irish numbers?
    She is on English Three and he on Irish Vodafone. If they both had Irish numbers it wouldn't be texting UK imo.

gcgirl, why would they not want that?

biko wrote: »
    She is on English Three and he on Irish Vodafone. If they both had Irish numbers it wouldn't be texting UK imo.

gcgirl, why would they not want that?

ah i see what you mean. i missed the post where he said she's on 3 uk. i don't think 3 uk have webtexts. 3 ireland don't anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

only o2's webtexts can be sent to foreign numbers. If you're texting an irish number that's abroad disregard this post because it doesn't cost you any more to text that person

if you get aft, you can send webtexts from your phone for about 2c. You can get it here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984709

you fill in your phone number and password for the network site and it logs in to the site automatically and sends it. If you don't have an o2 number, you could buy a sim card for a tenner just for the webtexts and tell the person you're texting to text back your normal number

and if you're at a pc you can use the program that's linked to in my signature to make the process of sending a webtext a lot handier

is it secure giving out your number and account password in this way? leaves it wide open for whoever is running the servers to colllect numbers for marketing or other purposes

foggy_lad wrote: »
    is it secure giving out your number and account password in this way? leaves it wide open for whoever is running the servers to colllect numbers for marketing or other purposes

its been up and running since august 2006 and no one's complained. the guy who wrote it gave it away for free for everyone's benefit. and if he did that he'd be liable for thousands in fines

when i wrote my similar program, i could have taken people's details but i didn't and they basically have to trust me on that. of course anyone that doesn't can download the code off the website themselves, read it to make sure the details aren't being sent anywhere except the network site and make their own exe

also, even if i did take their details, all i'd be able to do without having the law knocking on my door would be use up their webtexts. hardly a life destroying event

Advertisement