Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU Fan Placement

Options
  • 15-01-2008 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just a quick one and opinions wanted.
    This is going to be going inside of This with this as the PSU. Now what Im wondering is what way should I mount the CPU fan.
    Choice that I have are blowing out the exaust of the case, blowing out parrallel to the GPU etc or I can have it blowing out UP towards the PSU, this would obviously suck some heat off the GPU etc. Any suggestions? or is one way better than the other?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

I have a very similar fan , and I dont think you have all the options that you think you have , the base is rectangular and fixes just one way to the CPU socket. So the blades of the fan should be pointed the same way regardless , you may be able to flip it 180 degrees , thats about it !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You really shouldn't rely on the PSU for case cooling of any sort, point the CPU cooler back toward the rear case fan(s) over the exhaust instead!

Especially those bigfan PSUs - they have no exhaust fan themselves, so their 120-140mm fans will draw hot air out of the case and let it pool gently around the guts of the PSU... not good unless you really like your incendiary devices :p

Advertisement