Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Direct Import

Options
  • 15-01-2008 6:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum, long time reader but first time posting. Just to let you know a bit of information about importing cars by yourself. My new Civic EK9 just arrived last week from Japan (pics will be going up later:)). The import process was simple and I used a guy named Steven at Japan Auto Direct in Tokyo I found them through google and gave them a call. They were so helpful and kept me updated on what was going on. I have now saved my self 1000's of euros:D Once the ship arrived in Ireland I paid the customs charges and got the car vrt'd. Now I have my new baby. If anyone has any questions give me a shout.

HappyMan1;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 keefalmighty

Sounds like you did well there mate. When did the new motor arrive?

Get those pics up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Sounds good mate, thinking of an ek9 or sir for my next car. How much did it cost you all in for it if you dont mind me asking? PM me if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 grayson9

I found this board purely by accident:D cool man!
    I also got a great car lately (seems to be the thing to do ) I had heard about Japan Auto Direct and by all accounts they sound good.
    I went through a company called www.japusedcar.com and recieved fantastic service
    I was expecting some Japanese person to talk to me but I got a guy from Austarlia called Matt and he was way good.
    Car is on the way but they sent me plenty of pics to look at first:p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Am I the only one that thinks this thread is just a big ad? Maybe I'm just a bit of a cynic!
    Make sure if you're importing anything from Japan that you'll have it in and VRT'd by July, or face €2000 a year in road tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Sounds like an ad to me, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

it clearly is :rolleyes:

Advertisement