Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

geneva

• 15-01-2008 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I'm thinking of going to Geneva for the motor show in March. As my other half has no interest in cars I was wondering how would I sell the trip to her. I was thinking of a decent hotel maybe in Geneva for 2 days and ideally maybe somewhere nice in the mountains for 2 days (lodge etc). The only thing is that we wouldnt want any skiing related activities, just relaxation.

Is this realistic? Would you have any suggestions of where to stay/what to do? Will the city be mental around the time of the car show which would make it uncomfortable/difficult to get restaurants etc?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

geneva has the lake and you can go on boats tours, when i was there a few years ago there was loads of stuff going on at the lakefront at night.it was like one big party (although i cannot guarantee it will be there in march). geneva has some of the best churches in western europe, i am not religious at all but some of the architecture is top class. Geneva is a very expensive city (as is switzerland in general)

as for the mountains; if in geneva you must head to Chamonix which is about 1 hour west of Geneva in France. If you want mountains you cannot be any place better on planet earth as you are smack bang in the middle of many of europes tallest. Mont Blanc europes highest at almost 5000 metres is basically at the end of town. The cablecar to the top was once the highest in the world and is an experience in itself. Check out Mer de Glace while in Chamonix (its the biggest glacier in the alps i believe), you can even go inside :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers Rossie - some decent stuff there to look into

Advertisement