Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of gear to start surfing

Options
  • 15-01-2008 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

hi guys, just wondering how much people paid for gear to get started and where did you get it. I have had a few lessons and am starting to look around for all the basics, board (Hifly), fins, winter wetsuit, boots, soft rack and bag. Now one irish surf company does all this as part of a "deal" for €525. Does this sound reasonable? should I try and get these individually?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

That's pretty good. I started out with a similar starter pack a few years ago. Suit, board, fins, leash and straps for 400. Did me for quite a while and then I started to add (new board, suit, hoods, gloves etc) as I progressed. If the suit fits and you are ok with the board, happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭bassman22

I just got gear as well, since now i have a car to go west. seems like a reasonable price, I'd say go for it, the sooner you've got the gear, the sooner you can surf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ksir

thanks guys. i suppose it all depends on the type of wetsuit that comes with it. i've been lookin around a fair bit and the prices for these seem to go from as little as €150 to €450 so hopefully it won't be the bottom of the barrel one that comes with it. I'm going picking it up next weekend so i'll let ye know how it turns out

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I got a c-skins winter suit with mine. That was two years ago and it is still doing fine.

Advertisement