Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Student account overdraft

Options
  • 15-01-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

This might be a stupid question but I know nothing about finace or banking so all help is appreciated.
    Recently found out that an Ulster Bank account I thought was deactive is in fact quite active.Last time I looked I had an overdraft of a mere 12 euro.That was back in july.Now on there website it says they don't charge but im still feeling hazy about the whole situations.So is it still at the balance or will am I infor a nasty shock? I just don't trust banks!

http://www.ulsterbank.ie/ri_01a.asp?id=PERSONAL/CURRENT_ACCOUNTS/STUDENT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think you need to be a bit clearer. What do you mean by active?

You had a overdrawn balance of €12, and now the balance is greater?

They may not charge for day to day transactions, but you would still have to pay Government stamp duty on any plastic cards you have (ATM/Laser etc) and there may be other charges you've accrued depending on what you've been doing with the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Bloody Ulster bank, they don't charge for the OD in the first year. I have one.. speaking of OD, i should pay off my OD.. How long have you had the account? I think you should ring/write a letter/visit your branch. Pay the money owed and close the account(you can always keep it for rainy days)
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I think you need to be a bit clearer. What do you mean by active?

You had a overdrawn balance of €12, and now the balance is greater?

They may not charge for day to day transactions, but you would still have to pay Government stamp duty on any plastic cards you have (ATM/Laser etc) and there may be other charges you've accrued depending on what you've been doing with the account.

Well I got an ATM and I t said, it would have to be reactivated (my mistake in thinking they were referring to the account) Yeh it's an a ATM so theres some charge there.So I will probably owe them.Anyone know if it will be much?

Advertisement