Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit & no grass?

Options
  • 15-01-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi All

We have a much loved family pet. Dwarf Rabbit Poppy is about 8 months old. We have a small back garden with no grass, someone had told me you can buy a harness for her to take her out onto the green for a little greenery! But not sure whether to do this? I would be worried if any dogs came around or something like that? Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

if you want to allow her to nibble on some grass maybe
    you could grow some in a tray ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

You can get leashes for them yes, but in my experience they don't like them all that much and often just freeze and don't move. It would be best if you picked some grass from an area that you know isn't sprayed with pesticide/chemicals and gave that to her. Grass is vital to a rabbits diet but it can be given dried (hay) rather than fresh.

Advertisement