Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple way for Non technical website owner to managae content?

Options
  • 15-01-2008 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if there is a simple way for non technical website owner to manage their content.

Basically I would like them to be able to 'polish' text make small additions without involving me!!

MM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_management_system

-
    What you get is in proportion to what you give.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can take a load of them for a "test drive" here:

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I'm working with CMS Made Simple at the moment. I like it: http://www.carpenterstown-et.com

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

In IE6 when you view the homepage on that link you gave the image of the kids and the educate together paragraph jumps to the left when you highlight the link for who are we

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Would a Wordpress blog or something do em?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭dbrowne9212

Would a Wordpress blog or something do em?

i've used wordpress in the past for simple sites to allow the owner modify content. it's no good for any sort of large scale website but handy for simple 3-5 page sites.

sites i've built using word press:

www.lynneforan.com

www.moretinygiants.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Joomla is an excellent CMS but has a bit of a steep learing code if your not used to layouts sections and categories. But its limits are endless with what you can do.

You can give them frontend access where they can edit content but not do too much damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Thanks very much for the responses. I am going to go with Joomla I think.
    But thanks to everyone.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nickides

BingoBongo wrote: »
    But its limits are endless with what you can do.

agree, I'm at the limit of it. More will only be possible with self developed components .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Any suggestions as to which wiki to go for ?

doesn't have to be fancy, ease of use / reliabilty preferred (and of course secure from those without passwords )

Just have the basic home package so will have to upgrade it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Try CushyCMS - www.cushycms.com

Quick to set up from a developers point of view and easy to use from a clients perspective. Not very feature rich, but might just be what you are looking for.

Tom

Advertisement