Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birdeating spiders, Tarantulas

Options
  • 15-01-2008 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All,

I just recently moved to Ireland (Virginia) and am looking for people keeping spiders at home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

I have kept a few rose haired. Tarantula's are quite popular in Ireland, I recommend checking out some of the pet shops here. If your in Dublin shops to check out for spiders are Reptile Havan in the city centre, and Boardwalk pets just around the corner from it. Also I recommend the larger shops for spiders, Petmania Santry and Wackers long mile road and Parnell street (Wackers are Very expensive shops though!). There is also an online reptile Community where you can meet other Spider keepers, as reptiles and arachnids tend to appeal to the same type of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Duzzie

I have a few.

2 x B.Smithi
    2 x P.Striata
    3 x P.Irminia
    1 x B.Albopsis
    1 x A.Seemani
    1 x C. Cyaneopubescens
    1 x L.Parahybana
    1 x A.Metalica

I tend to get my spids from the UK. www.thespidershop.co.uk are good but it is not a great time of year for sending. they'd have a much better selection than you would find locally and at better prices. Of the local shops, I too would reccomend Reptile Haven on Fishamble St. A great reptile shop, and the owner Ben offers great advice. He is a top guy.

Duzzie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have a Chile Rose, Columbian Giant Red Leg, Zebra spiderlings I lost my pink toe & my colbate blue :(

Bond-007 wrote: »
    my colbate blue :(

You are brave, thems fast spids, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 FoxyCat

Duzzie wrote: »
    I have a few.

2 x B.Smithi
    2 x P.Striata
    3 x P.Irminia
    1 x B.Albopsis
    1 x A.Seemani
    1 x C. Cyaneopubescens
    1 x L.Parahybana
    1 x A.Metalica

I tend to get my spids from the UK. www.thespidershop.co.uk are good but it is not a great time of year for sending. they'd have a much better selection than you would find locally and at better prices. Of the local shops, I too would reccomend Reptile Haven on Fishamble St. A great reptile shop, and the owner Ben offers great advice. He is a top guy.

Duzzie

I bought some previously from Lee (thespidershop). Do you know what's the shipping price to Ireland?

Reptile Heaven, is it in Dublin?

And also, I have Heteroscodra Maculata (togo starburst baboon) spiderling. (I now have a little baby in the house and I just wouldn't be able to keep this fast spider) Was just wondering, whether anyone would like to trade or I could just give it away (just need to know it is going to be taken care of)

• Advertisement

FoxyCat wrote: »
    I bought some previously from Lee (thespidershop). Do you know what's the shipping price to Ireland?

Reptile Heaven, is it in Dublin?

And also, I have Heteroscodra Maculata (togo starburst baboon) spiderling. (I now have a little baby in the house and I just wouldn't be able to keep this fast spider) Was just wondering, whether anyone would like to trade or I could just give it away (just need to know it is going to be taken care of)
    I cant recall of the top of my head what the shipping is but it is not too expensive, maybe €5 maximum, you would have to check with lee. Would probably still be significantly cheaper than buying locally. You could also talk to some UK breeders, had a few sent over by breeders at very good prices. There are a few very good UK based arachnid forums that the breaders frequent.

Reptile Haven is in Dublin. I'm not sure what other shops are like outside dublin, but if you are in Dublin, it is worth a visit. As you are in Cavan, to trip to Derry City may be an option for you. There is a good shop called Furless Freinds in Derry. Andy there quite often has a good selection of inverts and reptiles.

Duzzie

Advertisement