Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend MPV for late 2008

Options
  • 15-01-2008 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

With the new tax/vrt regime what is the most economical buy in the 7 seat diesel MPV category now?

Will be buying in latter half of 08.

Criteria still high on the list besides price are (in order of importance):
    1. Good Safety rating
    2. Easy to fold/stow back seats
    3. Good resale value
    4. Good finance offers

Was eyeing the Galaxy (06 onwards).

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

S-Max. Good 1.8 and 2.0 diesels, and the best yoke to drive it it's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Seat Alhambra would be another contender, as well as Peugeot 807, and the Cirtroen version... all are supposed to be very good in Diesel guise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The PSA cars aren't all that great on price.

have a look here...I checked a few out a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 spagbol

PSA?? Dunno what that means

There is a Seat dealer locally which is attractive but I hear the alahambra is in production 10 years , surely it will be changed soon. Back seats don't fold flat either AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

spagbol wrote: »
    PSA?? Dunno what that means

There is a Seat dealer locally which is attractive but I hear the alahambra is in production 10 years , surely it will be changed soon. Back seats don't fold flat either AFAIK

Citroen and Peugeot are part of the PSA group, should probably have just said:o

The Alhambra is quite a lot of car and solid. It's had enough facelifts to make the only thing in common with the original that it's the same basic shape. I like it myself stylewise (as MPVs go)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I've researched MPVs for the past couple of months and narrowed it down to the Ford Galaxy and Citroen C4 Picasso. I finally decided on a new Ford Galaxy which I'm awaiting delivery. I needed a fully sized 7 seater which still had room for a stroller. Most 7 seaters seater 5 adults and 2 kids in the rear, the rear seats are really tiny in most 7 seaters but not in the Galaxy. Also the folding seat system is great in the new Galaxy, all the 5 rear seats fold flat. I had a VW Sharan (Same as old Ford Galaxy) and the seats are heavy and hard to remove. Best of luck in your search

Advertisement