Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I place a bet on Betfair for less then €4?

Options
  • 15-01-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there is a way but I can't figure it out.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

You dont. €4 is the minimum bet on betfair, there's no way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

You dont. €4 is the minimum bet on betfair, there's no way around it.

Eh you can.

Oki, see macshadows post on it:
    macshadow wrote:
    Lets say Man Utd are available to back at 2.00, so you click on back, then adjust the odds up to eg lets say 2.80 then submit a 4euro bet at 2.80 and it will be returned unmatched, then change the 4euro bet to 4.55euro and click submit, now you are left with two unmatched bets, one for 4euro and one for 0.55euro, now cancel the 4euro bet and you're left with one 0.55 bet, now adjust the odds on the 0.55 bet to 2.00 and click submit and it will be matched.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

there used to be a way if you placed a bet for something like €6 at odds that wont be matched, then cancel €4 of that bet then you would be left with €2 which you were allowed to bet with (You'll have to change the odds on this €2 so it will be matched)

I haven't done this in the past 2 years and I don't think it works any more.

Thanks for the update ErinGoBrath, I knew there was some way around it, guess I was just missing a few steps.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

That's what I thought jacko
    I tried that Erin and couldn't get it work this morning and wondered had
    Betfair changed it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm sure I did it recent enough. I'll have a look tonight when I get home.

I just tried it there and the way you gave ErinGoBrath works. I successfully put on a €0.55 bet. (only problem now is trying to pick an actual winner :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tubey

Read the betfair explained article in the horse racing forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Cheers.
    Got it working was changing the stake to lower rather then higher :o

Advertisement