Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle of no where, broadband?

Options
  • 15-01-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My cous lives in the middle of no where between Freemount and Lismire in County Cork. I have tried the O2, Vodafone and 3mobile sites to get broadband but he is not on any of their coverage maps. He has a very poor eircom dial up connection (14-29kps :mad:) at the mo and can’t get broadband with eircom as they won’t upgrade the exchange. Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem and how did you get around it. He just wants a good connection, for surfing like, not even that much downloading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 philmcn

try getting mobile broadband. I find 02 very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

You can definetely get a trial period with three and O2. A no-quibbles return policy if it doesn't work out. 14 days with three, a month with O2. I suggest he try both, to see what works out best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

permanet , possibly !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Would try the mobile route. If not on the map, prop won't get proper speeds, but good chance better than dial up speed anyway, and unlimited hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement