Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

residual value of estate vs SUV

Options
  • 15-01-2008 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

What do people think about this?
    After 3 or 5 years do you think a new estate car (Volvo V70 D5 auto) will hold its money better than say an 05 or 06 X5?
    Both are roughly the same money to buy but I wonder which would be the 'better!!' investement particularily with the changes coming in July.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

richieg wrote: »
    What do people think about this?
    After 3 or 5 years do you think a new estate car (Volvo V70 D5 auto) will hold its money better than say an 05 or 06 X5?
    Both are roughly the same money to buy but I wonder which would be the 'better!!' investement particularily with the changes coming in July.

the changes in july wont effect the X5 as it will already be registered as am 05 or 06, so the tax is the same. X5 regeistered after july will demand a higher tax rate so the older already registered should be easier to sell that the newer X5. against an estate, i personally think the X5 will hold more value.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Does anyone here have a new V70 or driven one. What are your thoughts on it, how would you rate it?

Advertisement