Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question on 120gig drive

• 15-01-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

I told myself I'll always be perfectly happy with the 20gig drive my Premium console came with, and the money M$ are charging for the 120gig drive is outrageous and I'd never succumb to it. I'd no interest in downloading movies, and the 20gig version was fine for my save games and the demos and game videos I'd download and then delete shortly after.

But Goddamn them! I'm liking the look more and more of the games they're releasing under the XBox Originals service and really want to download a couple of them.

I've got one of those One4All vouchers, so I plan on spending that to get the harddrive pretty much for free. The vouchers are taken in HMV so that's where I'm likely to pick it up.

I understand GameStop will take your old harddrive and transfer your data to the new one for you, and they're pretty much the only people who will do this. Because I'll have to get the drive in HMV with my vouchers, my question then is how much hassle is it to do this yourself? Does it come with whatever you need for the transfer?

Also, I know that downloaded Arcade games get a bit funny when transferred, like you can't play them on a profile that didn't download them, but that's not a problem because mine is the only profile on the console. Are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Buy and Elite, transfer data from premium's 20gb hd to elite. Sell premium.
    ye'll get a 120gb hd, hdmi cable, never console. Much better than getting a rediculously priced 120gb hd on it own.
    Gamestop or Game might even do the transfer for ye if ye trade yer premium in against an elite bought from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Nah, not too bothered with an Elite. Never had any problems with the Premium, and my TV only has one HDMI input which is already taken up with my PS3. Plus I like the white console.

It'll just be the seperate hard drive for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

The HD comes with a transfer cable and a disc to prompt you through the process. NOTE you can only tranfer stuff once , one way , so ya really dont wanna make a balls of it.

Advertisement