Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land of Leather - Ultimate Care

Options
  • 15-01-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

I recently purchased a suite of furniture for Land of Leather in Swords (awaiting delivery at the moment). The salesperson seemed pretty keen to push the 5 year Ultimate Care package (Ultimate Care), but I was wary given the problems people here have had with extended warranties in general (e.g. PC World)

Has anyone who has purchased this cover or similar cover from another furniture store gone through the process of making a claim through them? As far as the salesperson was concerned, after 5 years we could have the suite restuffed and re-upholstered with the minimum of fuss - was just wondering if this was the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

Hi There,
    About two years ago I bought a leather suite from them and also tooked the Ultimate care (luckily). Lately a bad accident happened to my two seater suite so I called them and they send me the technician to my place the guy who came to fix the problem told me it can't be fixed, so I called land of Leather and explain the situation. to my surprise they told me that I can visit the their store and reselect another suite for the same value that I spent.
    Now I'm a happy customer enjoying the new suite. The process was very smooth with hassle free.

Zeppi

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Zeppi wrote: »
    I called them and they send me the technician

technician? is this some kind of futuristic robotic couch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

:D probably just needed some WD40 and a little TLC

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lol, sounds like it,
    maybe it crashed and couldn't be repaired :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I also had a technician visit my couch recently. The wrong colour had been delivered, so had one brown and one dark brown. Not to leave to chance the possibility that we and the delivery men were mistaken, they sent an engineer to verify the colour difference. By turning it upside down and reading the colour off the bottom. :rolleyes:

And that wasn't land of leather, so it must be spreading! First sandwich technicians, now this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

I used to work for land of leather a couple of months back. The warrenties are very handy if your suite is damaged in any way. But don't be pushed into it if you dont want it. The only reason why he pushed you is he gets 10% commission from the sale of warrenty. eg.400 euro warrenty he gets 42.50 for it! The warrenty is mainly there for rips and tears. After 5 years you have to repurchase the warrenty to get it upholstered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Accidental damage on a home insurance policy is only about 30 quid extra - and covers virtually everything in the home, not just the couch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oliver moloney

this service that they recommend is only because of their margin on this offer.i would not pay the extra.

Advertisement