Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Profiles

• 15-01-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭

Right , I bought COD4 through Steam ,(well actually I didn't , the clan bought it for me god bless them , cause they couldn't be arsed waiting until after christmas for me to have the spare cash ) . I created my profile and my son created one as well and we both played away . Now a friend of mine who also bought it has decided that he will never play it online ( pffff...got too old too fast ) so he has given it to my son . I installed it on his pc but I cannot get it to recognise his old profile . Having said that all I did was copy over the profile into the same directory .

Anyone have any idea how to do this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I had to do this too, although I copied over the whole players folder as I only had one profile anyway. When I copied it over first it didn't work so I just re-copied it again and it worked for some reason (:rolleyes:).

Maybe it might have something to do with the active text file (doubt it tho).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Once you go into the players and then to the profile folder there should be a txt file called active. If it is there you need to put the name of the profile you switched over into it. If it is not there then you need to create a notepad file , put the name of your profile in it. When you go to save it select all file types and call it active.txt then put that file into the general profile folder ( not the specific profile your son was using. it should be in "rogram Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles" alongside your sons profile).

Advertisement