Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another night bus.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BouncyCastleMan

I did mail Dublin Bus last week and they came back to say that there are no plans to extend the route past the Dart Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I think that bus got cancelled :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

ebmma wrote: »
    I think that bus got cancelled :(
    When?

Unless you mean the Bus Eireann bus, then you need to read the whole thread.

No, I mean Dublin Bus, I was told it got cancelled due to lack of demand.

Is that not true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

No, I mean Dublin Bus, I was told it got cancelled due to lack of demand.

Is that not true?

I think maybe you've gotten your information mixed up? I got this bus last weekend and it says nothing about it being cancelled on the dublin bus site. Where did you get this information from?

• Advertisement

My husband's friend. Maybe I just got confused. But I searched Dublin Bus.ie and Bus Eireann for 133N bus and they return no results. Am I doing something wrong?

The DB service is the 84N, so that's why you got a blank on their site.

Where do I look for 133N then? Bus Eireann doesn't have it either.

Where do I look for 133N then? Bus Eireann doesn't have it either.
    That's the service that was cancelled!

I think we need to clarfy now that the 84N has NOT been cancelled by Dublin Bus.

The service that was cancelled was Bus Eireann's 133N.

According to this the 84 N will now run at midnight as well as the usual 2 am and 4 am. :)

http://www.dublinbus.ie/news_centre/latest_news.asp?action=view&news_id=841

Now if we can just get it to go to Charlesland. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

How do you all get from bray terminal to charlesland at those hours in the morning? I wouldn't be bothered with a taxi after paying nightfare. I'd just go out in greystones but even getting back to charlesland from there would be a bit of a hassle in the early hours. It would have to be a taxi again :( I shall miss my luas in Sandyford when i move but it'll be worth the sacrifice i hope :)

oops sorry, old thread. oh well, it's still relevant.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    How do you all get from bray terminal to charlesland at those hours in the morning? I wouldn't be bothered with a taxi after paying nightfare. I'd just go out in greystones but even getting back to charlesland from there would be a bit of a hassle in the early hours. It would have to be a taxi again :( I shall miss my luas in Sandyford when i move but it'll be worth the sacrifice i hope :)

Greystones to Charlesland is a perfectly doable walk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I'd just go out in greystones but even getting back to charlesland from there would be a bit of a hassle in the early hours. It would have to be a taxi again :( I shall miss my luas in Sandyford when i move but it'll be worth the sacrifice i hope :)

the Burnaby and Beach House pubs run bus services that go back to Charlesland, or cab is about €7.

Erm, during the day i suppose. With a good few pints, perhabs not :o

Walking in a quiet area at night is not the most sensible thing to be doing alone... I'd happily walk it if the world was a safer place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

loyatemu wrote: »
    the Burnaby and Beach House pubs run bus services that go back to Charlesland, or cab is about €7.

Yea i got it the other night after the Dart. It was 2 euro pp, parked outside Burnaby. Drops at the roundabout in Charlesland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

wingding wrote: »
    Walking in a quiet area at night is not the most sensible thing to be doing alone... I'd happily walk it if the world was a safer place!

you can be too paranoid though - Greystones is fairly safe place and the walk up from the village to Charlesland is along a reasonably busy road. There aren't muggers and rapists hiding in every bush....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ehh ive walked from shankill to bray before at like 4am before - note to self never a good idea to get off a few stops early :) - and I survived. So greystone to charlesland would be no problems

Right, so you think no-one ever gets raped? There are no cars along that road at night and personally I'd rather not take the chance. It happens plenty and it happens everywhere. Go to the rape crisis center if you don't believe me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Right, so you think no-one ever gets raped? There are no cars along that road at night and personally I'd rather not take the chance. It happens plenty and it happens everywhere. Go to the rape crisis center if you don't believe me.
    what? no? don't be stupid.

of course people get raped we aren't debating that fact, but if you were to think that something is going to happen to you every time you leave the house, then what's the point in living?

If you read my post I never said every time you leave the house. I'm prefectly happy wandering about during the day. What I was saying is that I wouldn't feel safe walking for 20 minutes on quiet roads at 2 in the morning.

And I don't think that because you happened to walk somewhere before at 4 am and nothing happens means you'll be fine doing it all the time.

Oh sorry I forgot the "like" 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Toto_02

This sounds great, I paid $60 plus in a taxi before, crazy. 40 minutes and I get to watch family guy, fan tas tic

Toto_02 wrote: »
    This sounds great, I paid $60 plus in a taxi before, crazy. 40 minutes and I get to watch family guy, fan tas tic

Toto, this bus has been cancelled. You'll get the details if you read through the thread. You can still get the 84N but it only goes as far as the dart station.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Toto_02

Toto, this bus has been cancelled. You'll get the details if you read through the thread. You can still get the 84N but it only goes as far as the dart station.

Thanks!! I would be standing at Trinity wondering what was going on?? will read all the thread now

Easy there, Wingding. The poster obviously didn't take any time into context in your post, but there's no need to jump down their throat either.

Actually this was my first post in relation to the whole thing. To which he replied saying it wasn't a problem at 4am. I just wanted to point out that you can't assume that anywhere is perfectly safe. I suppose it's not AS dangerous for him, but for women, I'm just saying be careful.

Advertisement