Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gadget to buy in the US

Options
  • 15-01-2008 1:26pm
    Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

I'm off to the US for a couple of weeks this weekend (on the company :))

I'll have a car and a flexible friend but I'm stuck as to what to gadget to buy - does anyone have any suggestions?

Price wouldn't really be a problem and I'd be capitalising on the strong Euro.

I suppose the only requirement would be that it would have to be portable.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

DSLR camera? Big savings to be had + 'useful' for your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Whats the price range...close to my heart as well (going over at end of month)

iPhone (be careful it isn't s/ware version 1.1.3, see HUGE thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055113165&page=121)

I got one for xmas and is the bees b****x and intend getting some accessories when I'm over there...

Failing that the iTouch

Otherwise Nintendo DSWii/PSP/PS3/XBox/blue ray player (not sure if they are "regionalised" though)

Otherwise laptop/Shure headphones...

Let us know how you get on and what bargins found...

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Thanks guys, consoles are probably a bit big (with the exception of the Wii)

I like the idea of the camera, thanks for the pointer on the iPhone firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

get the new ipod phone cheaper over there. or lesle head to the home depot and buy dewalt laster levels (hand-held ones). they are $250 the and abot €370 here. make yourself a few quid when you get back!

Goddammit, I could pick up a Mac Book Air for €1250 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭wallycool

Buy a jet plane i hear there cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Nintendo DS. It's not regionalised, is very portable, and will cost you approx half of the euro price.

OK, picked up some small stuff today:

A Nintendo DS for the missus, $130 (€88)
    A PSP Pack Dexter for myself: Silver PSP, Dexter Game, PRO Duo 1Gb card and Family Guy video for $199 (€135)
    A PS3 Sixaxis for one buddy $50 (€34)
    An 8GB Nano for another buddy $199 (€135)

No MacBook Airs in the Apple Stores yet, and I was keeping an eye out for Toshiba Portégé R500 - didn't see one in Best Buy or Circuit City

Nothing else was really jumping out at me in those - anyone got anywhere else I could go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Frys are good if there is a store near you. They are not nationwide. Their store locator is here:
    http://shop1.outpost.com/ac/storelocator/index.jsp

Ack, they're on the West Coast, I'm in Boston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

you still in Boston. There myself (last day) where did you get the psp? Thinking of getting one.

I sure did; the Dester pack with Silver Slim, Dexter Game, Family Guy video & 1Gb card for $199 (€135) in Best Buy. Leaving tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

you could be real nice and pick up a few computer components for some of the lads here. much much cheaper in the u.s and sell them to us! :)

we would save a nice bit of money and you would be popular :D

Back on home soil now....

Advertisement