Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUROK demo on live now

• 15-01-2008 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Apparrently its up this morning.

Content: Turok Single-Player Demo
    Price: Free
    Availability:Not available in Japan or Korea
    Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD,INTENSE VIOLENCE,LANGUAGE] Turok is an epic, story-driven first-person shooter set on a dark, mysterious planet in the future. Players take on the role of Joseph Turok, a former black ops commando, now part of an elite special forces squad, known as Whiskey Company, which is on a mission to take down a war criminal – Turok’s former mentor, Roland Kane. While Whiskey Company is traveling to the genetically altered planet inhabited by Kane and his soldiers, Whiskey Company’s ship is shot down. Turok must use his elite military training to elude Kane’s well-trained army, known as Mendel-Gruman, and the ravenous, unpredictable dinosaurs, huge insects and other massive creatures that populate the dangerous environment. Turok’s mission? Survive at all costs.
    Size: 1.17 GB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

downloading now, demos are getting bigger (file size wise) these days...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Let us know what it's like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Me like!

Kinda short but omg I do love the Unreal3 engine. Game does look very very good.

Dual wielding weapons obviously.

Dinosaurs :) Bloody raptors get annoying. Combat is fairly good, recoil on smgs was a bit much perhaps but shotgun ftw on raptors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

DL now! I've always been a huge fan of the franchise. Well the older games anyway. They were pretty ground breaking and original back in the day. Lets hope the latest installment keeps with that ethos!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Turok!
    Yes, I loved it when I was younger on the N64

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Didn't think much TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

downloading now.. Never play the previous ones but sure ill see what all the crack is about! I dont ill like it!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Didn't enjoy it at all! Wandering through a dark boring cave shooting an endless amount of identical dinosaurs. Bleh... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Very average with some dodgy framerate at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I thought the demo was rubbish :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Its ok.. its got ok when I got outside then just got annoying I kept dying lol framerates are a bit dodgy yea.. its not horrible now.. defo rent over buy anyway!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Thought it was pretty crap, especially the parts in the cave... And what is up with the running in it?? Its like there trotting on pretend horses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I liked it, its nothing spectacular, but dinosaurs are automatically cool, and killing one with a knife is even cooler :D
    The animation on the dinosaurs is great, the graphics are lovely (tho yeah, fps issues FTL), i can see it being a solid 7/10, good enjoyable fun but not outstanding. It should take up some time in th epost christmas lull at any rate

Advertisement