Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken DS Lite

Options
  • 15-01-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Hoping someone can help. Long story short, 18 month old wallops 10 year olds DS off the floor. Won't turn on now. He took it in his stride but he has at least 5 new games received as Xmas pressies he has even looked at yet. Don't really want to send it off for months on end and gadget is about 10 months old now. Anyone know where it could be fixed locally(Dublin)?
    Anyone had this problem yet?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hi norm,

I dont know of anywhere that will fix it. But if you tell me more about whats wrong with it i might be able to give it a go. Anything cracked or anything like that? Do lights come on when you charge it?

Regards,
    Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭norm

Good man B. Not cracked as far as i can tell. Light comes on when charging up, but thats it. No response when i try to turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

norm wrote: »
    Good man B. Not cracked as far as i can tell. Light comes on when charging up, but thats it. No response when i try to turn it on.
    Here ya go Found This, don't know what the prices are like though http://consolerepairsdublin.com

Thats great Irishpimpdude. Just called them there, easily sorted according to them. Not overly pricey either. Thanks for the help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

No Prob

• Advertisement

I'd imagine your power switch is broken. Out of interest how much are you being charged to fix it?

Depending on what is exactly wrong with it, but have been given a ball park figure of €35-€50. Too much? Don't have another option really. Need to put the smile back on the kids face.

Its not bad , If it is what i think it is(and it sounds very like it is) then the part is costs about €8 delivered from China, €11 from UK. It invloves opening the bottom half of the DS , De-soldering the old switch and soldering the new one.

I'd imagine its about 1-2 hours work , experienced solderes should have it done in an hour EASILY!!

I would have done it cheaper,
    but they'd be more experienced (I'd imagine)
    there closer to you (no need for postage)

Good luck, could you let me know how you get on with them.

Yeah, will do. Thanks for the help.

Both consoles fixed. Ds required P.C.B work. PSP needed an back light replaced. Whatever. Total cost was €100. This may be steep but as i said it was something i needed to get done. 3 month guarantee. Happy enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement