Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell

Options
  • 15-01-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

I ordered a monitor off Dell last Wednesday. On Thursday I got an email telling me that my order could not be processed and after replying to this email I received a call from the Dell Financial Centre. They wanting me to confirm that my credit card billing address was different from my shipping address. I told them that it was and they told me that it was fine and my order would be processed.

I then checked my online status from Thursday until Monday and I kept receiving the same message: 'We have located your Order but we cannot advise a status, please contact Dell Customer Service'.

I emailed Dell Customer Services on Monday and they replied that my order could not be processed and that I would have to order the item again. I emailed them back asking them to double check my order as I was assured that it would be processed and they mailed back telling me that the order could still not be processed and I would need to reorder the item.

So I did. (It was a few Euro more because the free shipping offer had expired).

I then checked my email this morning and I have discovered that I now have two orders (the exact same monitors) ready for dispatch! :eek: I have sent a few emails and made a few phone calls but nothing has been resolved yet, in other words I am still waiting for confirmation that my second order is cancelled. Are Dell complete morons or what? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What happened on the telephone calls?
    Ring. Kick up and ask to speak to their team leader and explain the situation - it should be solved in <5mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Short answer: yes.

Last time I ordered online it failed and told me my order had not been processed. So I ordered a slightly different system the next week.

I then got confirmations for two systems, so I rang up, spent ages explaining what happened, was told it was sorted.

An hour later I got a call from Dell asking had I intended to buy all three machines? Not sure where the third one came from.

Eventually got it sorted, got and was only billed for one, but kept a very close eye on my credit card for the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Karoma wrote: »
    What happened on the telephone calls?
    Ring. Kick up and ask to speak to their team leader and explain the situation - it should be solved in <5mins.

I called and explained what had happened and they told me that they would try and sort it out & that I should expect confirmation of my cancellation within due course.

I'm looking at my order status now and both monitors are still ready to be dispatched :confused:

My real beef is with the muppet who told me to re-order the item because my original order could not be processed. I even asked him a second time to make absolute sure but he insisted that I needed to reorder!

One of the two orders has been cancelled (well, so I am told). I wanted to make sure so I checked the online order status and they seemed to have cancelled the cheaper order even though I asked them to keep that one and cancel the more expensive order that I placed yesterday (one had free shipping and the other didn't).

They also told me that the item is going to be shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address. That means that I will have to travel across the city to pick it up at my parents house instead of it being shipped to my apartment like I had originally requested with my first order. Typical :rolleyes:

Overall I have to say that I am really frustrated with Dell and in particular the *Indian staff that I had to deal with (on the phone & via email). They were all absolutely useless and made a simple order into a mini fiasco!

*I'll probably get a slap on the wrist for that but it had to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

never give credit card or bank details to people who can so easily make mistakes costing hundreds of euros! i ordered two pc's off dell and each time they sent the wrong monitor and then messed up even further trying to sort the mess out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

A big multinational making a blx of an order and a delivery. Impossible, these companies are more infallible than the man upstairs Himself. :rolleyes:

Did someone get promoted upto 'silver' support? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Ordered an Inspiron 28th of November and still waiting. Estimated date of delivery keeps on getting pushed back. was meant to be an xmas pressie :eek: Bunch of retards who lie and don't care IMO

Advertisement