Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Krav Maga in Cork

• 15-01-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,
    Is there anywhere in Cork to take Krav Maga classes? I want to take up a defence system that is more realistic than the chinese and Japanese styles.
    I am not locked on Krav Maga but anything of that sort (real life training not fixed movements) would be good.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I am sure Andrew or Liam will be along to answer properly but quoting form a few threads down -
    Andrew_M wrote:
    Fighting Fit Gym
    Macurtin Street Cork(Directly across the road from the scout shop and through the red arch way)

Inside you'll find Thai-Boxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    These two websites might help:
    www.irishthaiboxing.com
    www.bjjcork.com

Liam and Andrew are both top notch so you could do a lot worse than train with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kravist

Hey there,
    Is there anywhere in Cork to take Krav Maga classes? I want to take up a defence system that is more realistic than the chinese and Japanese styles.
    I am not locked on Krav Maga but anything of that sort (real life training not fixed movements) would be good.

Thank you.

Steve Folan runs regular Krav Maga classes in Cork. He's an IKMF qualified instructor. His details are on the www.kravmaga.ie website, or if you want, pm me and i'll pass on his phone number to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭pma-ire

Hey there,

Thank you.

where do you live in cork?

i teach in the glen on the northside of the number 7 bus route and near to the 8 if you stop at dillions cross.

pm me if you want more details and click the link to my sites below ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

minidazzler
    As Mark mentioned... We've got a Venue on MacCurtain Street. Brazilian Jiujitsu Grappling & Submission Wrestling. Theres Also Thai Boxing & Classic Boxing ,all under the one Roof.

Just to give you a picture of how the session goes. No bowing , No Sensei ideaoligy , just Physically training ,on what works for Grappling and ditch the rest. We train For Sport competition and Self Defense. Thats it. We bring over top level Brazilian Jiujitsu Blackbelts to assist in the training.

If your interested just drop me a mail info@bjjcork.com and your first session is for FREE!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gazza.

i was intrested in joining some sort of self defence. is jitjitsu good for self defence against someone with a weapon or facing a bigger stronger person or is more used for competitions and mma????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Another one, think I'll brush up on my hebrew :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

available at the boxing clinic, MMA, BJJ, boxing, muay thai, wrestling. 021-4840627 for more info. first class free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Another one, think I'll brush up on my hebrew :P

we need a Krav Maga forum all on its own at this rate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

we need a Krav Maga forum all on its own at this rate :D
    יחד עם בפורום BJJ ו 'ודו מדי!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

יחד עם בפורום BJJ ו 'ודו מדי!.

And Karate! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Keysi Fighting Method Cork

Tuesdays at 6:30pm, beginners starting this Tuesday (17th of May).

Advertisement