Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fule consumption on Ford Focus C Max

Options
  • 15-01-2008 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

I estimate I am only getting a maximum of 30 miles to the gallon !
    I seem to be constantly re-filling the car.
    The low fuel warning comes on around at around 50 miles of driving left of petrol but I only filled the tank half on Sat night - went to Santry from Balbriggan and back and to Finglas and back Sun and the light is on !

Does this seem excessive to anyone else who drives a C Max or indeed a simalar sized 1.6 litre car .......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Check out the following Boards.ie link for someone with a similar car/similar problem:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055216283

How much fuel are you putting into the car each time (in litres)? Just because the dial shows half a tank, doesnt necessarily mean its half full (or empty, depending on you as a person). I had a car that would do about 300 miles on the first "half" tank, then 50 on the second "half".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I'll be honest and say I'm not checking how much goes in
    WIll do from now on and keep a good track on it
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

hi i have a cmax atm 1.6 tdci and altho its diesel it drinks the fuel, i have it since
    new march 07 and it has 55k on it, after 25k or so i noticed it getting heavy on fuel.

Advertisement