Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS

• 15-01-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

It simply won't work. I can send multimedia, but not receive anything. At all. I've tried:

1)Different phones
    2)Manually inputting settings into each phone, as well as using Meteors settings
    3)Gotten a new sim card

Anyone shed any light on this - because it's really pissing me off - Meteor are about as useful as a torn condom, pretty much saying they can't do anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Have you tried sending one to yourself? Usually this activates your MMS.

Have Meteor said your MMS is enabled? How large are the images your trying to recieve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I tried sending to myself. Sends no problems, just never delivers. When I send to others, they get it no problems.

Not even trying to send images, just blank MMS (>1kb). Meteor have said everything is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

I wouldn't worry about delivery reports on MMS, they rarely work.

What networks are your trying to send to?

What phone are you and the others using?

I didn't mean delivery reports. As in, they're people I know and they're simply getting the messages whereas I cannot recieve anything, from myself or others. I've tried sending from Meteor to Meteor, O2 and Vodafone.

Phones used were a Sagem Z5, Nokia 6680 and some other model whose number escapes me, and an imate SP5.

Phones being sent to vary, but I hardly see why that's an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

could it be that the handsets you are trying to recieve mms on are not compatible with meteors servers?

• Advertisement

No, definitely not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i noticed 2years ago that when i send mms some of them are delayed in being recieved by exactly 8 or 24 hours and then more are never recieved and meteor had some tech guy working on it

but they never explained properly what the issue was and as this still happens it has never been resolved! i put it down to the volume of mms i send but they are free so they should all be recieved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

meteor had a massive problem with this a few months ago. half the network could send mms but not receive. the problem you're having is almost certainly the same problem so call them and get them to raise a trouble ticket with the technical team

Advertisement