Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Adapter Woes...

• 15-01-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

I searched the Boards for an answer to this but I could not find what I was looking for...

Basically Smart Telecom is installed in this house for broadband. It's hooked directly into a modem / router. which stands independent of any PC.

So how do I set it to allow the Xbox adapter onto the network? I'm not sure how to access the router without it being hooked directly into a PC.

Thanks for any info you can provide...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

If the router is sending the network around the house on wireless your Xbox should detect it.

If there is security on the network you may need to enter the relevant Key.

If there is some other issue with router settings and there is no PC or laptop around I don't know how you could access the router settings!!:(

Does your xbox detect the network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    It's hooked directly into a modem / router. which stands independent of any PC.

question 1: is the router a wireless router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

jsb wrote: »
    question 1: is the router a wireless router

Yeah that should be first thing to figure out. I have Smart also and the router they sent out to me was not wireless. Bought my own instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

We set up a wireless router.

well....

...does xbox detect network etc

what is the actual problem you are encountering?

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »
    well....

...does xbox detect network etc

what is the actual problem you are encountering?

I goto connect to Xbox Live and it says a connection error has occurred. I click Test Connection, and USB Adapter comes up onscreen. Underneath, it says Network: Not Connected

Anyone...please...? (Child-like whimpers)

If you go into System and then network settings does the XBOX detect any network.

You may have to enter security settings if there are any.

Not to be too patronising but are you sure there's a wireless network? If the router is not connected to any PC how do you know. Is anything else connected to it?

for further ideas see here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908886?sd=xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

1) If you can stretch a long network cable form the router to the xbox do. It solves all you problems and is far more reliable.

2) The wireless adaptor is not compatible with all access points. You need to go into your network setup and check if it can see your wireless access point. If it cant you can forget about going the wireless route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

My Biggest woe with the wireless adapter was paying for the bloody thing.
    95 bloody euro for something that should come standard is robbery if ya ask me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement