Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all Geriatrics !

Options
  • 15-01-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

A few of us are toying with the idea of having an evening of Quake II for old times sake and so max can confirm that the rail in Q2 is still superior to all versions since.

I’ve stuck Friday down as a suitable day but that may shift depending on how we’re all fixed.

Stick a post here or over on darkkeep if you're interested.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I honestly can't remember if I ever had a legal version of Quake II and whatever I did with it !

I think I may have sold it to someone from here actually......

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Never mind Ponster, it won't interfere with my experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Could someone point/PM me in the direction of a copy of Q2 ? I can't find my copy of it anymore and would really like to start playing this again :)

Cheers,
    TC

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

QW/Q3 forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Down with Q2!

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Burn the Heretic!

I think the Q2DM3 Fragpipe should do the job nicely.

I got myself a copy of it. So where are the details and such being posted to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Would love a few oul games of q2 (q2dm1 or instagib preferably!) but I have no PC at home and can only rarely play from the office, so it looks like it might not be an option for me. I wouldn't rule it out completely though... didn't see the original post here - did ye end up playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

We postponed to this week since one of the guys had PC problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I never mastered the railgun in either Q2 or Q3, which was why I was sh1te at those 2.

Now the Q1 rocket launcher - best rocket launcher ever!

• Advertisement

When is the next session going to be ? I'm all ready (except Wednesday evening), preferably Thursday or Friday evening is good for me.

TC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

If you build it they will come.

I'm sure the guys would be on for another game, the server is still running and they have rcon.

Thursday is out for me and possibly Wed & Fri too

Advertisement