Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick question ie. waiting at tax office for licence to be printed.

• 15-01-2008 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

Have everything as in photos, licence application, test pass cert, fee everything needed to get the licence. Is it possible to get a licence on the same day - like it is with the passport?

I ask as I'm away on holidays on Friday and it'd be good to get driving whilst away.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

They seem to do it in Cork only (according to regular posters here). Otherwise you'll have to wait for the postman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

I don't think they will do it while you wait .. that's why you have to fill in the white box label bit so they don't have to write the envelope either!.

Its something to do with making sure you live where you say you live in case you mange to put down you're mates address by mistake or something, I think!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

they did it while i waited in limerick recently. didn't have to ask, they were doing it for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'll be going down to enquire anyway, just wanted to know if it was done for anyone else.

Cheers thus far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

well, when I was if the county motor office they did it within 5 mins, but my gf had to wait for the postman (limerick city mot office)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Ennis did it for me the same day, but not while I waited. Dropped the stuff in first thing in the morning, picked the licence up in the afternoon. But I had to ask nicely :), otherwise it would have been posted. Going on holiday (the next day!) whas the reason I wanted it as in a rush too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

they did it while i waited in limerick recently. didn't have to ask, they were doing it for everyone.
    fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    well, when I was if the county motor office they did it within 5 mins, but my gf had to wait for the postman (limerick city mot office)
    Please read the Charter before posting! :(

Advertisement