Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Movies

Options
  • 15-01-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all,

My boss is going to ask me to make some movies for our company I believe.
    In the past I have made some bmx movies personally and for work I have made end of year movies with photographs set to music etc.I did all this on Adobe Premiere.

My boss is going to buy me a video camera and anything I need. I dunno what to get, money is no obstacle but I dont need top o the range tv camera ****. I would like a manual zoom, thasts all I know. Any advice on where to look or what features to get on the cam? or is there better editing software I should get etc. will i need an extra mic on the cam etc.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Briano.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fwkelly

Hi Briano,
    I'm a film maker but I have to say I'm not up to scratch on the ol' technology at the moment. But just a suggestion, have a look on the filmbase website www.filmbase.ie, they rent a lot of equipment and may be able to advice you, perhaps you could rent to try before you buy. They also do many course in editing, lighting and camera, so maybe you could find something that could help you.
    I've used Adobe, found it a bit fiddly! The preferred suite at the moment amoung editors is Final Cut Pro (Filmbase also does courses on that).
    Hope that helps.

Best
    FWK

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Appreciate that, thanks, man.

Advertisement