Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RElease slow down

• 15-01-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

I sit just me or is there a bit of a lull in releases? Since orange box / mass effect it seems pretty quiet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea theres been no good games since just before christmas! Well there has I just played them all since then ive just been playing older games!

GTA4 is the next big thing id say!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Trev M wrote: »
    I sit just me or is there a bit of a lull in releases? Since orange box / mass effect it seems pretty quiet?
    Yeah but don't forget that all the developers were busy getting products ready for pre-xmas, so they're only catching up on other projects now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I think its a pretty understandable state of affairs considering the absolute deluge of titles in Autumn / Winter 07. My wallet is still suffering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Bless anyone who still has time or money left after all the quality releases that came out before Christmas ... My bank balance really appreciates the little siesta before the next wave of top class games come along :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Always a bit of a dull period after christmas. Any dev with there game close to finished would have it out for Christmas and anyone that misses Christmas has a few months of work left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I still have 4 games in their plastic, and more to finish, I can wait. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Yeah I guess it makes sense that the devs would hit christmas hard and there'd be a slow down.

I still havent bought Orange Box or Mass effect as another FPS isnt really an appealing idea?

Bought COD 4 before the christmas and playing that a bit online which is decent break from Gears.

Was thinking I might pick up Ace Combat for something different, seems 50/50 with those who love it and those that hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Trev M wrote: »

I still havent bought Orange Box or Mass effect as another FPS isnt really an appealing idea?

Was thinking I might pick up Ace Combat for something different, seems 50/50 with those who love it and those that hate it.

If you've liked any of the previous Ace Combat games you'll like AC6. More of the same but with bigger multi-task missions and very pretty looking.

Mass Effect isn't an FPS though, and if the reason that you haven't bought it yet is because you thought it was, I'd rectify this atrocious state of affairs right away and go get it.
    :D

Advertisement