Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AAI CEO to step down!

• 15-01-2008 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

It has been announced that Brendan Hackett, CEO of AAI, will not renew his contract. The reason given was:
    Hackett felt it was a good time to pass on the baton as Athletics Ireland and athletics in general is in good shape and there are exciting times ahead. “The next contract is likely to run to the end of 2012 and I am not in a position to make that commitment at the moment. I have enjoyed my term as CEO and I will still be involved in the sport for many years to come

Linky

Bit of a suprize. Athletics was startiing to pick up momentum again after the lows of earlier years, but I guess he has his valid reasons. I thought he did a good job; there were still things I'd have liked to have seen done to improve Irish athletics, but I think he made the organisation more professional and competent as a whole, Athlete support seems to have gone in the right direction under him.

Looking forward to seeing who is to replace him; I hope they pick someone with the enthusiasm and drive to keep making constant improvements to Irish athletics, and will strive to improve the sport's infrastructure, such as indoor stadia and a possible high performance centre.

Advertisement