Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue screen of death...please help

• 15-01-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭

think i have a serious prob with my old pc

it started with the blue screen of death and errors like
    0x00000024 0xf603d89c 0xf603d598

afterwards i got others like hard drive corrupt and unreadable

procedure point p could not be located in the dynamic link library

stop c0000139 entry point not found the procedure entry point register
    clipborard format a@could not be =located in the dynamic link library user 32.... (this was one of the first ones i got)

also 0x00000050 0xc399ace4 0xbf83499e 0x000000000

and ten mins ago i got 0xe123f000 0x8656e6c0 0x0000801

i cant get into windows in any mode and when i have its been for about 5 mins tho enough time
    to pick up and remove a virus (safe mode) searchnugget toolbar hijack

Is there any way i can get my data off that hard drive with having to reformatt it?
    i think i might just call it a day if it do and dump the lot.

im wondering if i put the hd in someone else old pc would it work?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

yeah the hard drive in a mates pc will work, but sounds like the drive has a hardware problem, so it migh be difficult enough to get everything off it

windows will try to run a scan disk when it's bootup detects the sick drive, probably best to skip that as the drive might slowley commiting suicide, so the less use the better

in windows make sure your on your own drive and just copy the c:\documents and settings\"your username"\my documents folder to a new folder on your mates pc

once you have that you should have all your pics, and documents, then you can go mad and copy what ya want.

dont run any programs on or from your drive until you do a virus scan

Advertisement