Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm Hoping To Go To NCI in Sept!

Options
  • 15-01-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I was filling out my CAO form and I put NCI first! I want to study Accounting:D. I was at one of the open days in November and loved the college! I really hope I get the points I need and the grades! :)

Any comments on the college? Do you like it? etc

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hi LayLay,

Do you live in Dublin already?
    If you do,you will know the best thing about he college is that it is so central and near lots of buses and trains etc.
    If not,then do look in to the rent costs etc both on campus and in the city first.
    The costs of living in Dublin can be crazy compared to other counties,and it maybe a little bit worse due to the great location of the college.
    The college also has an active students union www.ncisu.ie has some info.

Rach

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Hi LayLay,

Do you live in Dublin already?
    If you do,you will know the best thing about he college is that it is so central and near lots of buses and trains etc.
    If not,then do look in to the rent costs etc both on campus and in the city first.
    The costs of living in Dublin can be crazy compared to other counties,and it maybe a little bit worse due to the great location of the college.
    The college also has an active students union www.ncisu.ie has some info.

Rach

Yes, I live in Dublin and will be getting the train in to Connolly. :)

Thanks for the link to the website:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

As a former student (spent 5 years at NCI), I don't think you will have any problem fitting in. Classes tend to be medium sized, meaning that it presents a great opportunity to get to know lots of people real well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I might be going to NCI in September also. I've put a few courses down from NCI on my CAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

I have Financial services in NCI as first choice on Level 8s and Business in NCI as first choice on Level 6! I have to go there! I'm going to be staying up in the accomodation fingers crossed. Thankfully the parents have been saving for college since I was born!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Jayage

Supposidly the accomidation on campus is 2.5k per semester so i hear from a friend living on campus

been up there and say that the rooms are good.

Good luck on gettin in and with your LC :)

Yeah. I had been looking into it. It is 2.5k but look at the location?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Jayage

10 minute walk usually from o'connel street and thats it really
    or if your really lazy get the 90/151 towards tara street >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

I've been in NCI for 4 years myself, and i have to say they've been the best years of my life! Everyone is very friendly, and there's always a good bit of craic around the place. Weekly hours for courses are great and you normally have a full day off during the week. MOST of the lecturers are good and helpful.

I will be the Students Union Clubs & Societies Officer for the coming year, so i hope to see lots of active and enthusiastic freshers coming in September!

Hi Ciaranmul

What course did you do? I wanna do financial services... just wondering do you know anyone doing it and what the hours are like?

Sal

A day off a week would be feckin' deadly!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

most course have a day off and on a wed finish before 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jaymacgray

Jesus, that's brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I'm doing the Higher Business course one, anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

think i'm going in for BSc Software Systems this september, evening course though. i suppose the evening classes will be even smaller again?

i literally just got off the phone to someone, i had half filled out the application form online and then kinda backed out, but now i'm pretty much committed, i just got accepted over the phone :D

Advertisement