Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent and Toddler Group?

Options
  • 15-01-2008 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi, we attend the Toddler Group on Monday Mornings in St. Patricks Hall. Just wondering if there are any more in the area during the week? There is one somewhere on Wednesdays I know, just not sure where?? Does anyone know?

Also interested in Kilcoole or Newtown Groups?

(Really need to get out of the house these looonng winter days, we are both going a bit crazy (18 month old))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Someone I went to school with's brother has just set one up in Charlesland somewhere only this week I believe - more like a play group I think. I can find out about it if you wish. PM me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 larbis

Hi there - the Wednesday group is in the Old Schoolhouse in Delgany and is always well attended and full of nice people:)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Found out! I believe My friends bro who just started his this week is in the YMCA building up from the harbour (next door to what was Killians Hall) from 10:30 - 12:00 on Tuesdays. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 atmcc

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me the times of the toddler group on Mondays in St. Patricks Hall? Also is St. Patrick's Hall right beside St. Patrick's Church in Greystones? I have a 15 month old in serious need of getting out of the house these days!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Thanks Larbis and Megfi. So now I'm sorted for Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays! And I think There is one in Zoom on Friday Mornings, so I'll never be home.

atmcc - Yes, the Monday group is in the hall beside the church and is very well attended and friendly. It's on from 10:30 til 12. Come along - the more the merrier!! Your little one will love it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 atmcc

Thanks a mil Annieee, will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 leisurelady

Hi all,

Very interested in popping down to a few of the groups and was just wondering if you had to sign up or can you just pop in?

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Lin03

Hi,

Does anyone know when the Parent and Toddler group in St. Patrick's Hall is starting up again? Is it usually the beginning or end of September?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

The St. Patricks one is on from 10:45 til 12:15 and is back on the 8th september, I believe.

There is also a wednesday one in the Presbyterian hall at the back of the Chapel on Trafalgar Road, 10:30 til 12:00, thats back on the 3d of september

Many of the monday parents go to this one as well.
    I haven't been to the Tuesday one, but I hear good reports.

Also on thursdays there were a few of the mums going to Jungle mania for a couple of hours, but this would be for older toddlers.

I live in Newtown but I haven't heard of any group here.
    The local papers and the libraries at this time of year usually have info on toddler groups.

You don't have to join the groups but you do have to sign in. (just in case of chicken pox or measles breaking out, so you can be notiifed)

hope this helps

Terry (stay at home dad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LB Red

Hi
    I work a 3 day week so would be interested in any groups on Thursdays or Fridays...Annieee, do you know what time the one in Zoom on Fridays is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

LB Red wrote: »
    Hi
    I work a 3 day week so would be interested in any groups on Thursdays or Fridays...Annieee, do you know what time the one in Zoom on Fridays is?

I've just had a new baby so am a bit out of the loop at the moment as regards Toddler Groups. Not sure whats happening what days in Zoom or Jungle Mania any more. :confused:

It will be great to get back to the groups week after next though. (I have a bored toddler as well as a newborn. )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LB Red

Well congrats! Thanks anyway, i'll keep up the search for anything on thurs and fridays...am running out of ideas as to how to keep the little lady constantly occupied!

Advertisement