Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Coupe, are they womens Cars?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I quite like the looks but agree with the comments about the power regarding the 2.7. A 20 year old 1.6 VTEC will give you practically the same power and be quicker to 60MPH, whoever is putting the Hyundai engine together needs shooting! Given the choice, I'd buy an MX-5 though, much nicer car.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I look forward to the upcoming new Hyundai coupe with lots more power and RWD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Pthe Hyundai coupe is supposed to be a good value, high fun sports car and it seems to hit the mark on all counts

No it isn't & doesn't. I drove the 2.0L model before and it was a gutless heap of shíte.

If the budget can stretch, go for a late 90's Lotus Elan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Max_Damage wrote: »
    No it isn't & doesn't. I drove the 2.0L model before and it was a gutless heap of shíte.

If the budget can stretch, go for a late 90's Lotus Elan.

Jaysus a '90s Elan is a bit left-of-field! Can't remember the last time I saw on of those! Elan and Corrado were reputedly best-handling FWD of the '90s.

When I see a Hyundai Coupe I think 'impovrished poser'. Usually driven by peroxide blonde or a clueless prat with aspirations of being a poser. Well that's my subjective opinion anyway. Question is:

Why buy a good-looking 'image' car when it's image (even amongst people with only a passing interest in cars) is overwhelmingly negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Because you like it yourself and f**k the moaners?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Rory123 wrote: »
    yeah folks that's fine... but the fact is that I personally hate Fix It Again Tommorows. And I wouldn't buy one. Its a bit annoying that they put the exact same 1.3cdti engine from a €13k Punto van into Sporthatch van and charged me €21,750 for it, without telling me!:confused:

If Fiats are so good, why are they so cheap?

The belts in my van whine terribly in wet weather. The car seriously lacks power for the first minute of driving when the engine is cold (pulling off in first is like pulling off in third). It has already been recalled due to dodgy starter motors. The car has under 20,000 km and has had these symptoms since a few thousand kms.

That said I do still love the car.

Another typical Fiat basher... :rolleyes:
    Bet you wouldn't mention any of those problems if you thought Opel made the engine. All diesel engines are exceptionally sluggish when cold. A whining belt is a symptom of probably at least one of every single engine range ever made. And the starter motor recall hasn't affected the Punto's. Every manufacturer has recalls... your beloved Opel are recalling Corsas for a dodgy steering column that's potentially lethal.
    Also, would you say to an Audi A4 owner "Oh look, you paid €42,000 for your A4, and that engine is the same as is in this €18,000 Skoda Fabia here..."
    The fact is Opel realise that Fiat have made a better diesel than they could, so they used it. If anything you should be glad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I like the look of the most recent model, and tried to sit in a 2 litre (I think) model. But they seem to be very restricted inside, heightwise. I am not very tall, just a tad over 6'3, but had to turn my head sidewise inside of it.

I ended up getting an Opel Astra VXR (newest shape), and have not looked back.

Still really like the shape of the newer Hyundai Coupe though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Biro wrote: »
    Bet you wouldn't mention any of those problems if you thought Opel made the engine.
    Yes, I really am that stupid. You've really hit the nail on the head. Well done.
    Biro wrote: »
    "Also, would you say to an Audi A4 owner "Oh look, you paid €42,000 for your A4, and that engine is the same as is in this €18,000 Skoda Fabia here..."
    Eh, actually I would. Don't you think thats a bit of a bum deal for the buyer of the Audi?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

ronoc wrote: »
    Its a bit of a stretch calling it a sports car. Even the V6 still takes over 8 seconds to get to 60...

It does however look like a sports car! Personally thats my problem with it. Its all show and no go.
    Max_Damage wrote: »

They might not go lke stink but they are supposed to handle well - admitedly I am regurgitating what I saw and read, but the guys in the mags do have some clue what they talk about
    If Opel can call a 3dr Astra a "sport hatch" I can call a coupe hyundai a sports car - I know which I would rather have!

The V6 sounds like its a torquey lazy cruiser - could be nice to have ( in gear times are more important to me than 0-60 times )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

RobAMerc wrote: »
    The V6 sounds like its a torquey lazy cruiser - could be nice to have ( in gear times are more important to me than 0-60 times )

Meh, if I wanted a 'torque lazy cruiser' I would go for a Ford Crown Victoria, and the sound of a V8 is far better than a six cylinder! :D

Each to their own I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I personaly dont like them, i dont think they look girly.....they just seem to attract women buyers.
    The average buyer seems to be
    Female
    40/50
    Bottle blonde
    Orange skin tone
    Red lippy
    Slightly large
    Smells like a perfume factories bin

Basically a cheap old whore......
    Or is that a generlisation..........:D

Anyways...who cares what other think....Well you must cos your asking.....fuk it....dont mind us....
    I would have an MX5 any day over a hyundai coupe.
    Anyone remember th S-Coupe??????:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Rory123 wrote: »
    Yes, I really am that stupid. You've really hit the nail on the head. Well done.
    Eh, actually I would. Don't you think thats a bit of a bum deal for the buyer of the Audi?

How is it? Do you think that every model range should have it's own unique engine range also? How would that make sense? You're beginning to validate your first sentence to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Caveat , you may think that an Mx5 is girly , but it is a proper sports car with Rwd and brilliant handling. You you could put every mod on the market onto a coupe and it still wo'nt drive like an mx5. The coupe falls into the same category as the likes of the Audi A3 . ie at the bottom of its class dynamicaly , but saved by (in some peoples eyes) good looks.

Advertisement