Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name change request

Options
  • 15-01-2008 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

How do i go about changing my name from "PCLivehack" to "The Hack"?

Thanks,

Eamon
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

AFTER 1 post you're asking for a name change icon_lol.gif

this place is a mong magnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think only subscribers can change their name.

With one post, you're as well to just re-reg. :D

It sure is, it sure is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PCLivehack

Charming :o

But seriously folks my account was was recently banned by accident and now turned on again so it must have deleted my previous posts... hence the 1post.
    can i re-reg under the same e-mail account?? :confused:

Thanks,

Eamo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

PCLivehack wrote: »
    But seriously folks my account was was recently banned by accident
    Pm Accident and see if he will lift the ban.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Your account wasn't banned by accident. Who unbanned you? Oh wait, nm, you're banned again.

Oops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hagar wrote: »
    Pm Accident and see if he will lift the ban.

And that folks is why he mods humor!

Your account wasn't banned by accident. Who unbanned you? Oh wait, nm, you're banned again.

Oops.
    Nope still here.
    Thanks for all the "sound" advice

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

can i change mine after 500

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

will someone pay for a subscription for me so i can change my name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Christ could everyone stop being tools for 2 seconds, his account looks somewhat messed up from my view point.

kthkbye

PCLivehack: You can pay to become a subscriber. The options are under the user CP. Alternatively you can change you email address (also under user CP) and re register using your existing account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    will someone pay for a subscription for me so i can change my name?

Why would you wan't to change from JIZZLORD?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

There's a thread in Ah at the moment about changing your real name.

I have decided to change mine.

From now on, I will be known as G.O'D. pronounced "God".

I'll do it properly next month when someone tells me who the guy is who you give money to and he pays for subscriptions for those of us without credit cards.

Boston wrote: »
    Christ could everyone stop being tools for 2 seconds, his account looks somewhat messed up from my view point.

kthkbye

PCLivehack: You can pay to become a subscriber. The options are under the user CP. Alternatively you can change you email address (also under user CP) and re register using your existing account.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Terry wrote: »

I'll do it properly next month when someone tells me who the guy is who you give money to and he pays for subscriptions for those of us without credit cards.

I'll do it for you. Give me a few minutes to see how I'd do it.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ive been calling you God for ages. Oh, god.......

OP. 1. Subscribe. 2. Grovel pitifully to an admin. 3. Sleep with a mod.

I cant guarantee the last two suggestions will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

KtK wrote: »
    Ive been calling you God for ages. Oh, god.......

OP. 1. Subscribe. 2. Grovel pitifully to an admin. 3. Sleep with a mod.

I can guarantee the last two suggestions will work.
    Fixed that for you.

Not your ornery onager

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

PCLiveHack.... you were banned for sending unsolicited PM's. Frankly why Cloud has seen fit to unban you I dont know. I wouldnt and I dont intend lifting a finger to assist you as a result of your spammy background.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

He's spamming again, I received this PM off him yest
    PcLive magazine -- Help needed
    Hi,
    First of all sorry for invading your cyber space without prior warning.
    I am writing an article for PCLive magazine on building your own PC.
    The editor is looking for user perspective of someone that has recently upgraded OR has had a difficult experience with the relevant part of his rig (my tower collapsed so I needed to get a new one blah blah).

We also want to do a sort of VOX pop asking: what rules of thumb people used in making purchases. Were you happy with what they got? What advice would you give anyone in making their purchase?

If interested in contributing please PM me or mail me (ASAP) at eamon.mcgrane@gmail.com

Thanks and regards,

Eamon

I'd prefer if i didn't receive this sort of crap.
    spamdl6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    He's spamming again, I received this PM off him yest

I'd prefer if i didn't receive this sort of crap.
    It's a pitty he has an email address with such good spam protection, i was really looking forward to signing him up and giving him a taste of his own crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

A ****, I pick one user not to be an asshole towards and he turns out to be a muppet. Why do i even try.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Boston, the op is a gob****e :)
    ah well don't blame yourself, maybe next time you won't pick a muppet :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've banned the OP and wiped out every PM he ever sent. Sorry about the bother lads. Report any others you get, if they persist in this I'll go on the offensive.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Justice. Now to wait untill he re-registers and we pick up his ip and block that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

OP = most brass necked and gobsh1te thing I have ever seen in my time on boards.

It broke my StupidO'Meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 The Other Hack

Jaysus lads your lifeskills are something to behold.

but it's been comedy gold and great material for an article on boards, admins and mods...

BTW...I have had permission from the Mod/admin to reregister. So don't jerk the knee ok...

ta ta for now...

Sorry if I've p*ssed some off and thanks to those who were kind enough to respond with good info. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Jaysus lads your lifeskills are something to behold.

but it's been comedy gold and great material for an article on boards, admins and mods...

BTW...I have had permission from the Mod/admin to reregister. So don't jerk the knee ok...

ta ta for now...

Sorry if I've p*ssed some off and thanks to those who were kind enough to respond with good info. Many thanks.

Ok, so you had permission.
    Why didn't you register as "The Hack"?

BTW, I don't want any unsolicited PM's from you. Thanks.

Ok, so you had permission.
    Why didn't you register as "The Hack"?

BTW, I don't want any unsolicited PM's from you. Thanks.

Tried to...I think it was already taken...

regarding PMs, naively, I didn't consider them as spam especially since I'm not selling anything just looking for help.

And in fairness they were all sent before the Mod said DON'T send any PMs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im confusled. You were banned for spamming, despite being told from mods to stop, and you come back apparently with permission for the admins to say you did no harm.

Are you sure you work for that magazine? I doubt you do

Sully wrote: »
    Im confusled. You were banned for spamming, despite being told from mods to stop, and you come back apparently with permission for the admins to say you did no harm.

Are you sure you work for that magazine? I doubt you do

No. I was just saying that the PMs were sent before the Mod said something like "just don't send PMs" By that stage they had been already sent or at least they had been sent before i saw the Mods PM to me.

• Advertisement

When you write your poison pen piece on the horrors of being banned for spamming for people to write your article for you, make sure you mention how you sent unsolicited messages and emails (some people get PM's by email) on behalf of PCLive. It is, after all, illegal in this country.

DeV.
    ps: Its DeVore... get the spelling right and capitalise the V if you wouldn't mind, its something of a tradition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement