Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AGS Scopes

• 15-01-2008 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Any info on an AGS scope for a 223. (6-24x50).
    Target and fox mostly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

AGS are meant to be a good scope. 24 is a lot of magnification imo. What range are you shooting them at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

i heard somewhere that AGS had taken over Simmons....or vice versa...either way ive used an AGS and it seemed to be a good scope, my uncle had one on a 22 250...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭pestshooter7

Yea il need all that magnification cavan shooter!!
    300+ plus yrds shots on foxes! And mabe some long range rabbits and greys.
    any other info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I have that scope on my 223, its the mil-dot that has the illuminated crosshair
    red or green and can be dimmed. Super piece of kit and AGS were indeed Simmons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Any info on an AGS scope for a 223. (6-24x50). Target and fox mostly.

Have it on my .223 (6-24X50 Red/Green Mil-Dot AO). No probs. Very happy with it.

• Advertisement

Thats what i wanted to hear!! Looks like it will be the 223s new glass.
    They seem good anyway and have seen good reviews on the web!
    All info welcome,

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Yea il need all that magnification cavan shooter!!
    300+ plus yrds shots on foxes! And mabe some long range rabbits and greys.
    any other info?

you would want to be aiming kinda high to hit something at 300+ with a .223, that would be some shot on a grey. i was going to buy that same scope i think it was around €500 ?? instead i got a zeiss in from the us 6.5x20x50 all in i paid €690 great for night shooting.

pm. wrote: »
    you would want to be aiming kinda high to hit something at 300+ with a .223, that would be some shot on a grey. i was going to buy that same scope i think it was around €500 ?? instead i got a zeiss in from the us 6.5x20x50 all in i paid €690 great for night shooting.

Yea zeroed 1 1/2" high 100 yrds bout 7 inches low at 300! With mildots it not that hard on a calm day!! Plenty of practice on targets!! Only 270 euro in galway for AGS 6-24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Yea zeroed 1 1/2" high 100 yrds bout 7 inches low at 300! With mildots it not that hard on a calm day!! Plenty of practice on targets!! Only 270 euro in galway for AGS 6-24

thats a great price, i was quoted 500 for that scope in athy :eek:

Yea its on the web site aswell!!
    www.shoot.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

I paid €298 for mine in Jeffersports in Bandon & thought that was a cheeky price...... I feel better now... :D

Advertisement