Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod Touch officially getting mail, maps, stocks, notes and weather.

• 15-01-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Just reading the Macworld updates and it has been announced the Touch is officially getting mail, maps, stocks, notes and weather applications.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Nooooo. We have to pay $20 for the apps and they are going to be in the Touches sold from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

yeah i'll stick with my jailbreak thank you very much

€17.99 for the upgrade and the iPod Touch has gone down in price.

thanks so ridculous, i paid €400 for mine and now they want €17.99 for 5 apps i already have. While you can buy it new with the apps for €369. Where is the sense in that? They're not really enticing those with jailbreaks to go back to them are they?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

He even mentioned summerboard in his speech :)
    Shows they are keeping up with the jailbreak scene :)
    Once the break 1.1.3 for the iphone we'll get the updated apps, until then I think I'll stick with what I have!!

Did anyone notice the icon for bejewelled (a game) on the picture of the touch on the official apple site???
    Didn't know there were games out for the touch by apple?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fofer

lafors wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the icon for bejewelled (a game) on the picture of the touch on the official apple site???
    Didn't know there were games out for the touch by apple?

That's not a native app, that's the same web-app game that's been available since July 07.

http://static.popcap.com/iphone/

You can easily add it to a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch, without going to 1.1.3. Use iPhone Apper or OpenURL.

Thanks Fofer, a great first post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fofer

Thanks Fofer, a great first post
    You're welcome... and thanks! :)
    He even mentioned summerboard in his speech
    When was that? I was there, at the keynote, and didn't hear that. Are you sure he didn't say "springboard?"

At what point in the video does he say "summerboard?"
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/keynote/
    I'm curious.

Engadget mentioned it in there blogging. Maybe lafors is getting mixed up with that.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Engadget mentioned it in there blogging. Maybe lafors is getting mixed up with that.

Yep thats where I saw it, was looking at it live on engadget, so they must have taken some "artistic licence" with what he was saying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

At least Apple is passing on some of the dollar rate savings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

so does anyone know if this is available as yet. Have tried to load it but it wont let me. Have upgraded to V1.1.3 also

It is on the iTunes store now. Click onto the iTunes store and you will see iPod Touch January Software Upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭tacker

Can the maps be upgraded or updated?.At the moment they are crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

got it working, i had to do a restart after upgrading itunes.

works perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is this all available to buy now in Ireland with everything..if it is..how much would it be for 8 GB...would it still be arouind E280??

Right so I just finished doing the 1.1.3 jailbreak/upgrade without a PC, pretty impressive took approx 25 mins (I had restored to 1.1.1 then up to 1.1.2 jb, using my pc first, as I wanted a clean slate. This took approx 10mins, so 35mins in all).

Ive got the apps working again, maps/mail/stocks/weather with jiggly icons & webclips.

I think i'll stop upgrading now till we see what they do when the sdk is released ;)

yeah done the upgrade there, webclips are very handy indeed. I can't get any feeds to work in MobileRSS though and i can't SSH to it either. it's really annoying!

Advertisement