Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtra-Vision return policy

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Welcome to Boards.ie Tara but don't you think ressurecting a thread that is 8 months old was unwarranted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

taradorff wrote: »
    First off you wouldnt half tell your from Belfast, your very statement gives this away. Again your missing the point if the game is outside its 28 days faulty or not, xtravision can not refund you or give you a different one. I work in an xtravision store and believe me we are not stupid. I have had customers come in ask for a refund on a game simply becuz they dont like it. Well our returns policy is 28days on faulty goods only and when I explain I can not becuz the game is not faulty then they go on to say well the game is faulty. Well I know its not becuz you just said you wanted a refund becuz u dont like it. Honestly the games and dvds dont come outta my pocket, im the least strict worker in my branch well that is til I had a rude angry customer who wanted a refund on a game that was 2 months outta our refund policy to keep her quiet I just refunded it, we keep the receiptwhen we do a refund, believe me my manager didnt care that the customer was causing a scene and I did it to keep her quiet. So enless you work with customer service then i would never judge anyone.

How about you quit it with the text speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 taradorff

craichoe wrote: »
    How about you quit it with the text speak.

i was looking for an intelligent response, i have failed to get one! If it is not "allowed" to reply to an old thread then a warning to members would be nice or to close the thread would be even better. It just i got angry I simply had to reply. Thanks for the welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Stupid post. I think a 28 day return policy is fantastic. A retailer does not have to offer any such policy under law. The value of the game in 28 days may well have dropped so places that offer cash refunds stand to lose money...

If the product is faulty through no misuse etc. then it would be different but really with mass produced CDs/DVDs this is highly unlikely.

Man this country has some fools in it. 4 weeks is long enough to pop into one of the many Xtra Vision stores nationwide and get your refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

taradorff wrote: »
    i was looking for an intelligent response, i have failed to get one! If it is not "allowed" to reply to an old thread then a warning to members would be nice or to close the thread would be even better. It just i got angry I simply had to reply. Thanks for the welcome :)
    while his post wasn't exactly helpful, it had nothing to do with dragging up old threads. He criticised you for using text speak, which is frowned on here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    while his post wasn't exactly helpful, it had nothing to do with dragging up old threads. He criticised you for using text speak, which is frowned on here
    Actually I think Tatt commented on both posts above in one go where I mentioned the age of the thread :pac:.

Advertisement