Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinyl shops in Cork city

Options
  • 15-01-2008 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knew if any record shops exist in Cork city. Ive really got into Vinyl lately but cant find a shop that just sells records.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

try Plugd records on Washington street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Synthetic Records, 2 Washington Street

Is synthetic not gone about 6 or 8 months? Cafe there now:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Top floor of Vibes and Scribes on Bridge St. Not a huge selection but some interesting old stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Plugd is the place for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

cool thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ChunkyManSkinny

Depends on what music you want, if it is chart kind of stuff Zavvi (old Virgin shop) have it (did last time i was in there). HMV can be patchy on when they actually have it on display (christmas, sales they tend not to).
    For more eclectic taste Plugged (new and second hand) and Vibes and Scribes (second hand) are the places to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Depends on what music you want, if it is chart kind of stuff Zavvi (old Virgin shop) have it (did last time i was in there). HMV can be patchy on when they actually have it on display (christmas, sales they tend not to).
    For more eclectic taste Plugged (new and second hand) and Vibes and Scribes (second hand) are the places to go!
    Zavvi have gone and have been replaced by Directors Cut- no vinyl there I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aw there use to be a lot of vinyl shops in cork

sweat beat down the coal quay
    synethic records washinton st
    vinyl room washinton st
    and there use to be a place down marlboro st

all closed down now though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement