Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Server 2008 User Group - Ireland: Starting Up

• 15-01-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi folks,

WS-UGI (Windows Server 2008 User Group - Ireland) is starting up to coincide with the imminent RTM of W2008. Muggins here, Aidan Finn, is the leader until there's a revolution. The idea is to have an independant forum where IT pro's can meet up to discuss and share information on the product. We'll be having regular seminars with presentations by Irish IT pro's and speakers from within MS.

We're aiming to have our first seminar in Dublin the day after the Irish launch. This is to be confirmed pretty soon.

Until then, I've just kicked off a blog to share information. http://ws-ugi.spaces.live.com. We'll be launching a registration service ASAP for the seminars.

This is an independant organisation, outside of MS. Honest and independant opinions will be given. That's pretty important to me. I'm a fan of MS technology (some would say I have "Microsoft" imprinted inside of me like a stick of rock) but there are always some things that we can be cirtical of.

Anyone with an interest in the user group is more than welcome to attend the seminars. And anyone looking for more infromation or even to speak can talk to me on website <at> highwaycsl <dot> com.

Regards,

Aidan Finn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

If it was really independent, it would be hosted elsewhere than live.com
    But you are a fan :-)
    And Google is the enemy as we know.

Good initiative though. A suggestion if I may, make it more like http://www.forum-microsoft.org.
    They have a huge forum covering all Microsoft technologies. This is highly successful.
    This is this type of forum that is missing in Ireland. Arf just gave another biz ideas...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Thanks Mick. I went with Spaces cos I'm lazy and I already know it :D

There's a number of these user groups kicking off this year. There's one for SQL in early days, MTUG does loads for developers and there's one kicking off for System Center (I'm really interested in what they'll be up to).

It's a small world so I reckon there will be plenty of cross pollination between the groups.

Advertisement