Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cattery in Cork?

Options
  • 15-01-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

hi
    I need to find a cattery in Cork (city) for my two precious over the Easter period. I would be grateful for ideas / recommendations. So far I haven't been able to locate any website.

many thanks
    sf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

KozyKats Cattery
    Ballydehob, Co. Cork
    Owner: Ms. Felicity McDonald
    PHONE: 028-37427
    I found this cattery on the irish animals website.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks Annika, unfortunately we don't have a car and cannot take them that far. meanwhile I have found the details of this:
    Purr-fect paws Cattery
    Scart Cross, Douglas
    Run by qualified zoologist Sarah O Sullivan. Fully enclosed outdoor play area.
    Phone 0851392280

have you heard of them? anyway, will give them a ring later. they are much closer to us

thanks again
    sf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Princess J

Hiya, If that doesn't work out, try Gilabbey Veterinary Hospital on Vicars Road, Togher. They have a cattery on site and they are fantastic. I've used them several times and the staff are great. The vets there also look after all the animals in Fota Wildlife Park so who better to leave your babies in the care of? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bobbytwo

Best cattery in the city is Crag clo cattery in Togher near the lough, if you want lots of attention for your cats! lovely lady Marion runs it. cant find the number at mo!! sorry but should get it at Gilabbey if you ring them (very near each other!) or pet shops noticeboards! sorry! will look!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks so much for the info bobbytwo and Princess J! meanwhile I have also found out that the animal hospital in Douglas (finger post) could also look after the kitties. I have rung Purr-fect paws Cattery but there was no answer, it might not exist anymore (?).
    I am also a bit worried about them being away from home: they have never been in a cattery before, we always managed to get a cat sitter to look after them and although they are very easy going and friendly they might be frightened in this environment and I don't want them to get the shock of their lives...:( they are not really used to be around other cats either.. but at the same time there they would be under constant supervision and in good care... don't know.. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Princess J

I can understand your concern! How old are they both? I will say that in Gilabbey they wouldn't be "mixing" with the other cats - each cat is played with and exercised separately to avoid anxiety. I also know that some of the veterinary nurses go in and play with the cats on their breaks-when I picked my two up (after two weeks-first time leaving them!) one of the nurses was crying to see them go, so I really felt like they were well looked after. They were pleased to see me, but were very healthy looking and not in the least bit stressed seeming.

Advertisement