Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torrents on Ripwave

Options
  • 15-01-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Does anyone know if this is possible? I used to use them in Blighty all the time but I had an 8mb connection there and here I have a (supposed) 512kb aerial connection through wipwave.

Has anyone successfully managed to run these? Which torrent programme would you recommend too and is there anything I could do to tweak the settings?

I really miss being able to download stuff like CSI and Curb Your Enthusiasm for free!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Well I don't think IBB restrict ports on ripwave. The speeds are so crap they don't have to. You probably won't get the advertised speed with it, it'll be more like ISDN judging from other peoples views on it.

I have IBB Breeze and there are no port restrictions although torrents are shaped because I don't get the full 240KB/s on torrents like I used to here. I don't use torrents much so it doesn't bother me. If I'm lucky I get 100KB/s but most of the time its 30KB/s or sometimes less than 10KB/s on torrents with IBB at the moment. These are well seeded torrents too so I don't know why they speed fluctuates so widely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Tut Tut that would be illegal to download such shows so its a no no to discuss it here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Since somebody already locked this thread I';m not going to ban daniel3982,

daniel3982 read the charter, if you mention downloading copyright material you';ll be banned, ask about bittorrent all you want but no mention of copyright material!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement