Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Ferrybank Peter.

• 15-01-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

the old homeless man who walks hunched over (usually around the belmont road area) died in hospital today, he always carried a tea pot and some carrier bags. familiar sight to anyoone who travels that road.
    may he rest in peace.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Only heard this evening, God help him, he was a harmless poor aul chap who had a tough life.

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭teckno

Peter was pretty much a legend around Ferrybank and could always been seen walking on the belmont road (AND I MEAN THE ROAD) in fact he was not homeless and did have lodgings from what my nan said but what a man, rain wind snow thunder lighting he would always be walking the road or in Walsh's garage with his tea pot carrier bag and newspapers. It's really sad and awful that I only know his name as Peter but have never ever heard of a surname. He was harmless who would mutter away to himself but how he survived down through the years is a testimony.

RIP Peter the Belmont road will never be the same again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

RIP Peter

I don't know how he survived so many years crossing the road the way he did. He had a tough life and relied on the generosity of people in the area to survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

What a character in every sense of the word. Such a decent gent, ferrybank won't be the same without him.
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Not sure if I knew him. Did he have glasses and a cap? Trousers tucked in to his socks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

Roen wrote: »
    Not sure if I knew him. Did he have glasses and a cap? Trousers tucked in to his socks?
    poor guy i saw him every evening coming home from work at around 430.

he walked with a hunch. he didnt have glasses i dont think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

paul666 wrote: »
    poor guy i saw him every evening coming home from work at around 430.

he walked with a hunch. he didnt have glasses i dont think

Didn't know the chap but sounds a very sad story. May he Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I grew up in Ferrybank he was a legend he had a really sad story of how he became the way he was. He seemed to be around for years in fact I thought he'd live forever. He used to get a warm dinner every lunchtime from the nuns in the convent, and he did have moments when he was absolutly sane and could carry a convesation. The man walked that road hail, rain, snow, he seemed industructible.

The Ferrybank of my childhood is now gone. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jo4711

Whenever I went to Waterford from New ross i would see him. MY heart used to go out to him, carrying his kettle and shuffling along the road.

May God be good to him and rest in peace

• Advertisement
Advertisement