Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO forms

Options
  • 15-01-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

How's everyone getting on?

Mine's all done

Going for Media Arts in DIT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Submitted it today. Looking for medicine, though I reckon I'll end up doing science omnibus in UCD, go grad entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 foxayladaykenoa

Psychology in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

Biomedical Engineering in DCU for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Music, Media and Performance Technology in UL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Communications in DCU, followed by Arts with Music in UCC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Commerce with Chinese in UCC is first for me
    the rest of courses are somewhat of the same (business with a language)
    Filled 6 spaces out of the 10, 4 in UCC and 2 in UL

Just wondering anyone else who is going to go to UCC book victoria lodge? I think thats where im going to go but wondering about everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

am not sure
    applied physics in dcu looks good
    or science in ucd
    am still trying to decide

at least i know i wont be too pushed making the points for it anyway

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Genetics and Cell Biology - Dcu :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Music, Media and Performance Technology in UL, can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Acturial studies in UCD .. damn i m going to have that Ferarii some day! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

either mechnical engineering in DIT or Business in UCD.............

or Arts maybe!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 squirrelquarrel

Does anyone know, if ya fill out just level 8 courses on the cao form before the due date, can you use the "change of mind" facility to add level 6 and 7's later, if you never submitted any before..? thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

radiation therapy tcd followed by science education in dcu

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

squirrel u can change any corses u want sometime after the closing date, except the special ones, the ones u have to have an interview or a portfolio :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Iano2K8

Accounting & Finance in DCU... or commerce (accounting) in NUI Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

1huge1 wrote: »
    Commerce with Chinese in UCC is first for me
    the rest of courses are somewhat of the same (business with a language)
    Filled 6 spaces out of the 10, 4 in UCC and 2 in UL

Just wondering anyone else who is going to go to UCC book victoria lodge? I think thats where im going to go but wondering about everyone else

I booked Victoria Lodge there last Monday. It is pricy compared to Castlewhite but my sister stayed in VL and she said you just cant compare the difference between the two, VL is meant to be tons better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

deise59 wrote: »
    I booked Victoria Lodge there last Monday. It is pricy compared to Castlewhite but my sister stayed in VL and she said you just cant compare the difference between the two, VL is meant to be tons better
    Ya booked it myself there tonight, place looks great, I did it online and ive to wait for them to send me on another form in a email next week... same for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

deise_boi wrote: »
    Music, Media and Performance Technology in UL, can't wait!!

Will see ya there!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

am not sure
    applied physics in dcu looks good
    or science in ucd
    am still trying to decide

at least i know i wont be too pushed making the points for it anyway

there are other entry requirements too though, think its at least a c in ordinary level maths and physics, as well as the regular requirements. I do applied physics, pm me if you have any questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 you know who

intl business in DIT, UCD and DCU. one track mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Put BESS in Trinity first, and made a post about the rest of the choices on my blog, see the sig link for more ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

i put Engineering in Trinity first, then Common Engineering in UCD, Then Civil Engineering in UCD, then Structural with arcitechture in UCD, then Engineering in DIT, and then Landscape Architechtue in UCD. Then just a load of business courses.

My 2nd to 4th choices are all higher points than my first choice. is it just pointless putting them all in?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

jaycummins wrote: »
    i put Engineering in Trinity first, then Common Engineering in UCD, Then Civil Engineering in UCD, then Structural with arcitechture in UCD, then Engineering in DIT, and then Landscape Architechtue in UCD. Then just a load of business courses.

My 2nd to 4th choices are all higher points than my first choice. is it just pointless putting them all in?
    Dayum, you went the opposite way to me. I put down engineering in UCD first, Trinity second. To (try and:D) answer your question nope sometimes because of sheer freak demand a first choice with current lower points could see tonnes of higher points applications and jump, while your second choice with higher points may get very few applications, making you a shoe-in even if you just make it. It's all a bit dice under the hats, that's what makes the CAO fun. Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Put everything down in order of preference.

The points for 2008 haven't been calculated yet so you can't know that the 2nd and 4th choices are higher points.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I've put commerce in ucd as my first and arts there as my second but the more i think about the more i wonder if i'd rather arts as my first but on the other hand i don't expect the points for commerce so maybe it will just work out as arts.. hmmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Does anyone know, if ya fill out just level 8 courses on the cao form before the due date, can you use the "change of mind" facility to add level 6 and 7's later, if you never submitted any before..? thanks!

Read the f*cking manual. yes, you can. All course preferences are final by July 1st.

Put everything down in order of preference.

The points for 2008 haven't been calculated yet so you can't know that the 2nd and 4th choices are higher points.

+1.

Again, RTFM: it will tell you the exact same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Dayum, you went the opposite way to me. I put down engineering in UCD first, Trinity second. To (try and:D) answer your question nope sometimes because of sheer freak demand a first choice with current lower points could see tonnes of higher points applications and jump, while your second choice with higher points may get very few applications, making you a shoe-in even if you just make it. It's all a bit dice under the hats, that's what makes the CAO fun. Or something.

ye i sort of knew all that, but i was just making sure. i mean the points for UCD ENGINEERING have always been higher than TCD. but who knows? thanks. :D
    Overheal wrote: »
    Read the f*cking manual.

i really couldnt be bothered reading that thing. it's so boring. and i know "i wont think its so boring next year when im repeating cos i ****ed up this years CAO"

if they wanted people to read it they should have made it a little more appealing to read. (eg: pictures, diagrams, different colors etc...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

jaycummins wrote: »
    if they wanted people to read it they should have made it a little more appealing to read. (eg: pictures, diagrams, different colors etc...)
    They don't care if you read it or not, if you're incapable of reading a manual for your own benefit you're probably not going to do terribly well in college anyway. And if you screw up your application because you didn't read it, well, that's your own problem.

That came out excessively vitriolic, but really, not reading something you know contains useful information because it's not colourful and has no pictures...

Advertisement