Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-social behaviour in Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Why Dont Ye Stop Moaning All The Time And Do Something About It

if Ye Put The Same Amount Of Energy Into Dealing With This Problem As Ye Do Moaning There Would Be No Problems

And If All Ye Are Going To Do Is Moan And Groan About The Laws In This Crounty why Dont Ye Just Move To A Different Crounty For F.u.c.k Sake Two Year Old Wouldnt Go On Like Ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

dunworth1 wrote: »

if Ye Put The Same Amount Of Energy Into Dealing With This Problem As Ye Do Moaning There Would Be No Problems

And If All Ye Are Going To Do Is Moan And Groan About The Laws In This Crounty why Dont Ye Just Move To A Different Crounty For F.u.c.k Sake Two Year Old Wouldnt Go On Like Ye

Yeah yeah yeah whatever...try living in hell or better still why don't YOU come up with something instead of telling people to move abroad. :rolleyes: The whole point of this topic is to discuss the problem so if you haven't anything better to contribute then stay out of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Grammar is your friend,makes sentences fun, try it some time.

This town is full of scum though, and I'm sick of the pc brigade bleating on about oh its social injustice and blah blah ****ing blah, like someone else already said if you got off your arse and got a job instead of collecting the dole and spending it all on drink and shiny rims for your honda civic you wouldnt need to steal from othr people who do an honest labours work, my taxes pay to keep these people in housing estates and yet if one of them breaks into my house and i hurt him defending it I go to jail, can someone please explain this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

RonMexico wrote: »
    Yeah yeah yeah whatever...try living in hell or better still why don't YOU come up with something instead of telling people to move abroad. :rolleyes: The whole point of this topic is to discuss the problem so if you haven't anything better to contribute then stay out of this thread.

Living in Hell? Really, in hell you say? Any chance, no matter how slight, that you might be just exaggerating a small, tiny bit?

I Live In Thomondgate All My Life And Things Have Never Been So Quiet Around

• Advertisement

I Live In Thomondgate All My Life And Things Have Never Been So Quiet Around

That is bull**** and there are plenty who will say the same. In fact there was an article about it only last week on the paper. I suppose all the CCTV cameras are there for decorative purposes. :rolleyes: Given that you claim to have lived there all your life then you you must walk around with your head up your ass. Or is there two different Thomondgates? The one you live in and the one I live in? No wonder the place is going down the tube with people like you living there. You are not Comical Ali by any chance? Thomondgate used to be a nice place with lots of nice people - that is no longer the case. The nice people are moving out or have been driven out by thugs and they have been replaced by scum.

Living in Hell? Really, in hell you say? Any chance, no matter how slight, that you might be just exaggerating a small, tiny bit?

No I was downplaying it actually.

No Wonder Their After You If You Have That Kind Of Attitude I Know I Whould If Someone Talked To Me Like That And There Are Cctv Cameras Everywhere These Days Everywhere You Go Your On A Camera The Only Place You Wouldnt Be Is At Home Or In A Bathroom

What Do These thugs And scum Do To You Anyway?
    It Must Be Really Bad For You To Be Like That

This Is Just A Guess But Do U Live On The Quarry Road Near Or On The Hill?

No Wonder Their After You If You Have That Kind Of Attitude I Know I Whould If Someone Talked To Me Like That And There Are Cctv Cameras Everywhere These Days Everywhere You Go Your On A Camera The Only Place You Wouldnt Be Is At Home Or In A Bathroom

What Do These thugs And scum Do To You Anyway?
    It Must Be Really Bad For You To Be Like That

This Is Just A Guess But Do U Live On The Quarry Road Near Or On The Hill?

Look just ask anyone in the area about what is going on at night. People are being terroised in their own homes by youths, girls and guys, drinking on their doorsteps, kicking their doors if they are asked to move on. The elderly in particular are afraid to even go to mass or bingo and afraid to call the guards if they have a problem. That kind of thing doesn't happen if there is not a problem. There are lots of nice people in Thomondgate but there are a lot that have moved in recently who are causing mayhem for others. I don't need to tell you who they are or where they have been housed. Everyone knows. Gangs of youths binge drinking on the street nightly are causing the trouble and it is high time that people put an end to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Northside Guy

However I am getting more and more interested in joining a political party in an effort to try and do something positive. Too many people just sit on their arse and complain. The only political party that has attempted to do anything on our behalf is Sinn Fein. Has anyone here joined a political party? I have looked at Sinn Feins website and I agree with a lot of their policies on local community issues. Not sure whether to join or not though. I'm in my mid twenties and have voted Fianna Fail before. I gave my last vote to Sinn Fein because of their stance on community issues, things that affect me and my family. Fianna Fail haven't helped us one bit and we did go to them. Labour/FG/PDs/Green Party do not interest me. Where can I learn more about joining a political party?[/QUOTE]

Why dont you e-mail Maurice Quinlivan on his web site www.mauricequinlivan.ie I live in moyross and i joined SF after talking to Maurice about 2 years ago, at the height of the problems here in Moyross. Great bunch of people doing their best for the local communities and without a local councillor even. If you are interested E-mail them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

And that was a party political broadcast on behalf of Sinn Féin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

I am currently absent member of Sinn Fein have attened meetings and vote SF the whole time.

Feel that they are the only realistic choice for people today as history aside they are attempting to be a modern party.

FF and FG at this stage are they not the same party :p

But realistically a major overhaul of law in Ireland as a whole is needed to punish ASB and I mean punish not further educate young criminals

Yeah, let's take advice from "policitians" who endorse murdering Gardai, they'll surely sort things out...

However I am getting more and more interested in joining a political party in an effort to try and do something positive. Too many people just sit on their arse and complain. The only political party that has attempted to do anything on our behalf is Sinn Fein. Has anyone here joined a political party? I have looked at Sinn Feins website and I agree with a lot of their policies on local community issues. Not sure whether to join or not though. I'm in my mid twenties and have voted Fianna Fail before. I gave my last vote to Sinn Fein because of their stance on community issues, things that affect me and my family. Fianna Fail haven't helped us one bit and we did go to them. Labour/FG/PDs/Green Party do not interest me. Where can I learn more about joining a political party?

Why dont you e-mail Maurice Quinlivan on his web site www.mauricequinlivan.ie I live in moyross and i joined SF after talking to Maurice about 2 years ago, at the height of the problems here in Moyross. Great bunch of people doing their best for the local communities and without a local councillor even. If you are interested E-mail them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree with you there. Maurice is a great bloke. I voted for him in the last election and I will vote for him again. He actually does his best unlike certain people who get re-elected and sit on their arse and do NOTHING for the people. They don't want to know about it and it is high time they were sent packing for FAILING the people who put them in a position to do some good for the area. One councillor in particular is a complete waste of space and he should be ashamed of himself. I can understand people having reservations about voting Sinn Fein but you have to ask yourself this question - Why should we vote for those that have consistently failed the community? I am willing to vote for someone who wants to make a change and help people, someone who has demonstrated this and not just promised it. If that person happens to be a member of Sinn Fein then so be it and I won't apologize for voting for them either. I have no doubt that Maurice Quinlivan would make an excellent councillor. I might have a chat with him about it alright thanks.

When you're chatting to him, ask him for his views on the murder of Garda McCabe, or the guy they gutted outside a Belfast pub, or the young lad they murdered by the border recently. He might talk the talk, but he's supporting some of the most dangerous people on this island.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Amazo this is just the image that SF is moving away from I mean if we are going to look back the whole time we will never go forward.

sioda wrote: »
    Amazo this is just the image that SF is moving away from I mean if we are going to look back the whole time we will never go forward.

Eh? It's not an image, it's a fact. SF have none nothing effective to bring the murderers to justice in the two most recent murders. They know who killed they victims, but frankly, they don't care about murder if it gets in their way.

I'll never vote FF, but I'm delighted they trounced SF in the general election, SF have blown their chance to be a big player and are going to slide into irrelevance when FF branch out into the North (presumably by co-opting the SDLP).

FF may well be run by corrupt politicians, but at least they don't condone murder.

(Btw, the irony of a SF voter discussing "looking forward", they're the party that bangs on about 800 years and all other sorts of nonsense, get over it and stop murdering people)

But anyhow Ron, ask Maurice about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Northside Guy

Back to the topic and if we could skip the SF bashing for a minute..(feel free to start ur own sf bashing topic)..........Thomondgate is getting past a joke. cars burned out regurally and people terrfiied. the place is going down the pan quickly. Where the f**k are the coppers????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It shouldn't require a local politico to get involved to bring a small bit of order to a locality.

There are about 5 main ringleaders in this gang that are the worst offenders. Two are 18, and the rest are 15/16. One of them lives in Moyross and the others live in the Distillery view area.Forget about the guards because the 15/16 yr olds are always in and out of court and all the get is a slap on the wrist.They are laughing at the judges and the guards and the law.They are threatening people on a daily basis, threatening to burn their homes down. They are junkies, wasters who are only interested in drugs/drink/joyriding/thuggery.Everyone knows who they are and what they are doing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement